Digital forensics refer to a branch of computer science that includes the investigation and recovery of data in digital devices that are related to cybercrimes. All devices that are capable of storing data, such as computers, smartphones, memory cards and hard drives, are considered within the digital forensics realm. The main purpose of digital forensics is to investigate, analyze and preserve digital data in order to use it as evidence in courts for the related cybercrime. The need for digital forensics has increased tremendously within the last few years due to the increase in cybercrimes. Law enforcers have also started to rely on digital forensics in order to proceed further on in crimes.
From unauthorized access to stealing money online, cybercrimes are increasing unbelievably in the current world. Digital forensics have been introduced in order get ahold of these digital criminals through digital experts themselves. A career in cyber security is the perfect career option, if you look for progressive opportunities, job security, and a higher pay in a job position. This course in digital forensics for cyber professionals is for both beginners and IT pros looking to get certified and land an entry level Cyber Security job position. This course will teach you how to use open source tools to collect digital forensic information from Linux and Windows systems. You will also learn how to conduct static malware analysis of live ‘Ransomware’ using forensics tools and techniques through this course. By the time you completed this course, you will understand how to use open source tools such as CAINE to do forensic analysis on live systems, as well as the basic and advanced techniques you will need to gain a grasp on GIAC and other Computer Forensic certifications.
- Why consider learning at study 365?
- Learning outcomes
- Access duration
- Who is this course aimed at?
- Entry requirements
- Method of assessment
- Certification and awarding body
- Tutor info
- Progression and career path
- Other benefits
With so many commitments in our lives, we may not have the time to learn new skills. The beauty of studying online is that you get to find this balance between your education and your daily commitments
Study 365 offers hundreds of online courses to students across the world. Gaining new skills has never been this easy as many of our courses are open to students with little or no qualifications or previous experience. All the courses are up-to-date, relevant, affordable, and will build on existing expertise or give you a jump-start to a new career. The courses are meticulously designed and equals what is offered in a classroom setting. With a solid reputation that has established and made us made us one of the most trusted and reliable online course providers we offer the most convenient path to gain recognised skills and training that will give you the opportunity to put into practice your knowledge and expertise in your chosen career. You can learn at your own pace at Study 365 and you will be provided with all the necessary material, tutorials, qualified course instructor, narrated e-learning modules, interactive quizzes and free resources which include Free CV writing pack, free career support and course demo to make your learning experience enriching and more rewarding.
- Learn how to use open source tools to collect digital forensic information from Linux and Windows systems.
- Learn how to conduct static malware analysis of live ‘Ransomware’ using forensics tools and techniques.
- Understand how to use open source tools such as CAINE to do forensic analysis on live systems, as well as the basic and advanced techniques you will need to gain a grasp on GIAC and other Computer Forensic certifications.
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
- IT students
- Job seekers
- IT and cyber professionals
- Learners must be age 16 or over and
- Should have a basic understanding of the English Language, numeracy, literacy, and ICT.
- Should have a basic understanding of digital forensics
At the end of the course, you will have one assignment to be submitted (you need a mark of 65% to pass) and you can submit the assignment at any time. You will only need to pay £19 for assessment and certification when you submit the assignment. You will receive the results within 72 hours of submittal, and will be sent a certificate in 7-14 days if you have successfully passed.
Those who successfully complete the course will be awarded Digital forensics for cyber professionals certificate by CPD & iAP. The qualification will make you valuable to employers, and your motivation at gaining new skills will be recognised.
Chad Russell has been in the CyberSecurity industry for over 15 years. He has taught Microsoft Engineering courses as a Certified trainer, managed teams of security engineers and analysts for an internet banking provider, and has been an information security consultant working for companies including SAP, Microsoft and Oracle.
He leads and conducts ‘Security Risk Assessments’ for customers throughout North America with an emphasis on cloud security, identity governance, network security, social engineering, mobile security, breach assessments, database security, and access management.
Over the past 15 years he has held numerous certifications including CISSP, CCNP, MCSE and MCDBA certifications, and has a B.S. in Computer Science from Excelsior College.
With this certificate in Digital forensics for cyber professionals, you can successful embark in a career in digital forensics. You can also use this course to win various job positions in the IT or cyber security field. If you are employee, this course will aid you in your career progression and to demand for job promotions and salary increments from your organization as well. Few of the job positions you will qualify for with this course, along with the average UK salary per annum according to https://www.payscale.com/career-path-planner, is given below,
- Cyber security analyst – £30,945 per annum
- Forensic computer analyst - £30,541 per annum
- Support analyst , Information Technology (IT) – £23,669 per annum
- Information Technology (IT) manager – £38,749 per annum
- Written and designed by the industry’s finest expert instructors with over 15 years of experience
- Repeat and rewind all your lectures and enjoy a personalised learning experience
- Gain access to quality video tutorials
- Unlimited 12 months access from anywhere, anytime
- Save time and money on travel
- Learn at your convenience and leisure
- Eligible for TOTUM discount card
- Free Career Support Service
- 25% Discount on personal Statement and covering letter writing service
- Free Access to Over 150 courses for 2 days (48 hours)
- Free access to course before you purchase (For selected courses only)
|1: THE DIGITAL FORENSICS FIELD|
|1.1 Course Introduction||00:00:00|
|1.2 Forensics HD and Branded with Title||00:00:00|
|2: RECOVERY AND RECONSTRUCTION|
|2.1 Recovering Deleted Files||00:00:00|
|2.2 Windows RegistryE-Mail Reconstruction||00:00:00|
|2.3 Deconstructing Files of Unknown Origin||00:00:00|
|3: REVERSING AND MALWARE ANALYSIS|
|3.1 Reverse Engineering Windows Executables||00:00:00|
|3.2 Windows Live Response||00:00:00|
|3.3 Linux Live Response||00:00:00|
|3.4 Sandboxing and Malware Analysis||00:00:00|
|4: FORENSICS TOOLS AND STORAGE|
|4.2 USB Forensic Analysis||00:00:00|
|4.3 Storage Encryption||00:00:00|
|4.4 Windows Encrypting File System||00:00:00|
No Reviews found for this course.