Adam’s combination of real-world design experience, technical expertise, and training background make him an ideal InDesign CS3 software guide. In Part 1, he shows you how to navigate the new Adobe InDesign CS3 interface as well as all the paragraph, text, and character options available. In Part 2 you’ll learn how to insert Photoshop, Illustrator and PDF files into your work and how to create and transform shapes and effects. Plus, you’ll learn necessary skills for using color, working with layers, and preparing your designs for final output.
Learning with Study 365 has many advantages. The course material is delivered straight to you and can be adapted to fit in with your lifestyle. It is created by experts within the industry, meaning you are receiving accurate information, which is up-to-date and easy to understand.
This course is comprised of professional learning material, all delivered through a system that you will have access to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for 365 days (12 months).
Who is it for?
- Project managers
- Editorial managers
- Chief editors
- Design managers
This course consists of the following modules:
- Module 01: Quickstart Tour of InDesign CS3
- Module 02: Customizing the Interface
- Module 03: Adjusting Application Preferences
- Module 04: Working with Documents
- Module 05: Navigating InDesign Documents
- Module 06: Using Guides & Grids
- Module 07: Adding Text to Your Layouts
- Module 08: Character Formatting Options
- Module 09: Paragraph Formatting Options
- Module 10: Formatting Text with Styles
- Module 11: Designing with Tabs & Tables
- Module 01: Placing Photoshop Files
- Module 02: Placing Illustrator® & InDesign® Files
- Module 03: Working with Shapes & Text Wrap
- Module 04: Working with Color & Swatches
- Module 05: Working with Layers
- Module 06: Effects & Transparency
- Module 07: Introducing Object Styles
- Module 08: Preflight, Print & PDF
From the day you purchase the course, you will have 12 months access to the online study platform. As the course is self-paced you can decide how fast or slow the training goes, and are able to complete the course in stages, revisiting the training at any time.
Method of Assessment:
At the end of the course, you will have one assignment to be submitted (you need a mark of 65% to pass) and you can submit the assignment at any time. You will only need to pay £19 for assessment and certification when you submit the assignment. You will receive the results within 72 hours of submittal, and will be sent a certificate in 7-14 days if you have successfully passed.
Successful candidates will be awarded a certificate for Adobe InDesign CS3: Essentials.
Learners must be age 16 or over and should have a basic understanding of the English Language, numeracy, literacy, and ICT.
This course will teach you how to navigate through the new Adobe InDesign CS3 interface as well as the diverse paragraph, text and character options which are available within this tool. Furthermore, you will learn how to insert Photoshop, Illustrator and PDF files into the work that you do as well as to transform the shapes into effects. A career with bright prospects await you with the completion of this course. According to www.payscale.uk, some of the key job positions along with the average UK salary per annum you can go for after completing this course will be as follows.
- Video Editor – £23,994 per annum
- Graphic designers – £21,956 per annum
- Digital Designer – £24,870 per annum
- Graphic designers – £21,956 per annum
- Visual Designer – £29,338 per annum
- Production designer – £31,997 per annum
- Project Manager – £42,118 per annum
- Office Manager – £24,447 per annum
Adam Pratt joined Adobe Systems in 2000 and is currently a Senior Systems Engineer working with all of the Creative Suite Products, including InCopy and InDesign. He consults with creative professional customers regarding their publishing workflows and helps ensure a smooth transition to InDesign and the Creative Suite.
Adam is an Adobe Certified Expert in every application in the Creative Suite and a Certified Print Specialist, as well as a Certified Web Specialist. He was also the world’s first Creative Suite Master for CS1 and CS2.
|InDesign CS3 Essentials||FREE||00:00:00|
|1: Quickstart Tour of InDesign CS3|
|2: Customizing the Interface|
|3: Adjusting Application Preferences|
|4: Working with Documents|
|5: Navigating InDesign Documents|
|6: Using Guides & Grids|
|7: Adding Text to Your Layouts|
|8: Character Formatting Options|
|9: Paragraph Formatting Options|
|10: Formatting Text with Styles|
|11: Designing with Tabs & Tables|
|1: Placing Photoshop Files|
|2: Placing Illustrator® & InDesign® Files|
|3: Working with Shapes & Text Wrap|
|4: Working with Color & Swatches|
|5: Working with Layers|
|6: Effects & Transparency|
|7: Introducing Object Styles|
|8: Preflight, Print & PDF|
No Reviews found for this course.