The Level 3 Award in Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities is designed to help learners equip themselves with the skills and knowledge to work with children and adults with learning disabilities. The course is suitable for beginners or individuals already employed that requires them to interact with people with disabilities. The course will primarily focus on promoting communication in health, supporting families who have children with disabilities and supporting adults with learning disabilities.
The course will introduce individuals to key topics such as legislation and policies of supporting individuals with learning disabilities, learn that individuals with disabilities have the same rights and understand the steps involved to move from childhood to adulthood. Learn how to implement a positive behavioural support system in environments that support individuals with learning disabilities.
The Level 3 Award in Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities will give individuals access on enabling them to acquire person-centered approach and to expand their professional practice. It is a great learning course for individuals who want to understand the concept behind preparing for work in this field and want to enhance their skills and knowledge of their job role.
- Why consider learning at Study 365?
- Learning Outcomes
- Access Duration
- Who is this Course aimed at?
- Entry Requirement
- Course Objective
- Course Description
- Method of Assessment
- Awarding Body
- Progression and Career Path
- Other Benefits
With so many commitments in our lives, we may not have the time to learn new skills. The beauty of studying online is that you get to find this balance between your education and your daily commitments
Study 365 offers hundreds of online courses to students across the world. Gaining new skills has never been this easy as many of our courses are open to students with little or no qualifications or previous experience. All the courses are up-to-date, relevant, affordable, and will build on existing expertise or give you a jump-start to a new career. The courses are meticulously designed and equals what is offered in a classroom setting. With a solid reputation that has established and made us made us one of the most trusted and reliable online course providers we offer the most convenient path to gain recognised skills and training that will give you the opportunity to put into practice your knowledge and expertise in your chosen career. You can learn at your own pace at Study 365 and you will be provided with all the necessary material, tutorials, qualified course instructor, narrated e-learning modules, interactive quizzes and free resources which include Free CV writing pack, free career support and course demo to make your learning experience enriching and more rewarding.
- Learn the role and responsibilities of a Care Worker and how to perform the job role effectively.
- Understand that people with disabilities have the same right as everyone else.
- Understand the transition in moving from childhood to adulthood.
- Learn how mental well-being and mental health can affect a person’s life span.
- Learn to apply the best practices in an environment that supports individuals with learning disabilities.
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
- Senior Level Workers
- Managers supporting individuals with learning disabilities
- Vocational or academic qualification at Level 2 or higher
- Basic level of literacy, numeracy and ICT ability
- Proof of educational qualifications
- You must provide an identification document such as a passport or a driving licence.
Upon submission of the documents your application will be reviewed. If you fail to meet the entry requirements of the program your application will not be accepted.
It is recommended that learners are working, volunteering or on practical placement to be able to show competence in both knowledge and skills.
- This qualification provides learners with the opportunity to develop their knowledge and skills supporting individuals with learning disabilities. It is also ideal for individuals who are currently employed in job roles supporting individuals with learning disabilities
- The units offered within this qualification mirror those offered within the Learning Disabilities Pathway of the Health and Social Care Diplomas in England
- Qualification type: NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award
- Qualification title: NCFE CACHE Level 3 Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities
- Accreditation status: Accredited
- Level: 3
- Guided Learning Hours (GLH): 122
- Total Qualification Time (TQT): 120
- Qualification number (QN): 600/4037/3
In order to complete the Level 3 Award in in Health and Social Care successfully and gain your professional qualification, all students will be internally assessed using a range of assessment methods. This could include a portfolio of evidence, written assignments or a task.
Additionally, £159 is charged for your assessment and certificate. You need to pay this when you are submitting your assessments only (It is not required to pay initially when you are registering). This payment can be paid in installments when you are submitting your assessments.
Those who successfully complete the course will be awarded the Level 3 Award in in Health and Social Care Certificate. It will make you valuable to employers, and your motivation at gaining new skills will be recognised.
CACHE are continually investing in high quality qualifications for the care and education industry, making them the UK’s leading sector specialist. Developed by experts, CACHE qualifications help millions of learners to raise professional standards across the sector. As a result, CACHE has gained a deserved reputation for excellence and leadership.
NCFE is a national Awarding Organisation, passionate about designing, developing and certificating diverse, nationally recognised qualifications and awards. These qualifications contribute to the success of millions of learners at all levels, bringing them closer to fulfilling their personal goals. Last year alone, over 340,000 learners from over 2,000 colleges, schools and training organisations chose NCFE as the Awarding Organisation to help them move their careers forward.
Once you successfully complete the Level 3 Award in in Health and Social Care you will gain an accredited qualification which will allow you to progress further in your study in the same field. The qualification will support you in your current employment. The average UK salary per annum is according to https://www.payscale.com/career-path-planner. The qualification is suitable for individuals who want to work under the direction of a teacher.
- Senior Healthcare Assistant - £8.14 per hour
- Residential Support Worker - £7.73 per hour
- Care Worker - £7.66 per hour
- Healthcare Assistant - £7.42 per hour
- Special Education Teacher - £28,481 per annum
- Special Education Assistant - £13,812 per annum
- Written and designed by the industry’s finest expert instructors with over 15 years of experience
- Repeat and rewind all your lectures and enjoy a personalised learning experience
- Unlimited 12 months access from anywhere, anytime
- Save time and money on travel
- Learn at your convenience and leisure
- Eligible for a NUS discount card
- Free Career Support Service
- 25% Discount on personal Statement and covering letter writing service
- Free Access to Over 150 courses for 2 days (48 hours)
- Free access to course before you purchase (For selected courses only)
|Equity and Access Policy||00:00:00|
|Academic Appeals Policy||00:00:00|
|Awarding Body Registration|
|(B) Application Form : Cache Awarding Body Registration||00:00:00|
|Understanding the context supporting individuals with learning disabilities [K/601/5315]|
|Understanding the context of supporting individuals with learning disabilities||00:00:00|
|Understand positive risk taking for individuals with disabilities [J/601/6293]|
|Understand positive risk taking for individuals with disabilities||00:00:00|
|☑ Submit Your Assignment|
|(B) Assignment Submission I – NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities||00:00:00|
|☑ Re-Submit Your Assignment|
|Principles of supporting young people with a disability to make a transition into adulthood [M/601/7227]|
|Principles of supporting young people with a disability to make a transition into adulthood||00:00:00|
|Understand mental well-being and mental health promotion [F/602/0097]|
|Understand mental well-being and mental health promotion||00:00:00|
|☑ Submit your Assignment|
|(B) Assignment Submission II – NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities||00:00:00|
|☑ Resubmit Your Assignment|
No Reviews found for this course.