Incident response is an organised method to handling the aftermath of a security breach or cyber-attack. This also may be known as an IT, computer, or security “incident”. The goal of incident response is to address and manage the situation in a way that minimise damage, recovery time, and costs. It is also important to maintain an incident response team in order to effectively tackle an incident and to prevent it from escalating into a huge problem such as damaging data breach or system collapse. Organisations usually maintain an exclusive computer security incident response team to handle and respond to incidents.
Most organisations usually go to huge extents to safeguard their data and systems from security breaches and cyber-attacks. However, it is also equally important to take appropriate measures in order to effectively handle the aftermath of a security breach or a cyber-attack. This course in Incident response for cyber professionals will provide you the necessary knowledge and skills needed to kick start a successful career in cyber security. If you are already a cyber-professional, this course will help you progress further in your career. This course will train you how to defend networks and systems against hackers. You will also learn how to use open source tools for incident response purposes by building a foundation in topics such as: cloud security, disaster recovery, honeypots, firewalls, and so much more through this course.
- Why consider learning at study 365?
- Learning outcomes
- Access duration
- Who is this course aimed at?
- Entry requirements
- Method of assessment
- Certification and awarding body
- Tutor info
- Progression and career path
- Other benefits
With so many commitments in our lives, we may not have the time to learn new skills. The beauty of studying online is that you get to find this balance between your education and your daily commitments
Study 365 offers hundreds of online courses to students across the world. Gaining new skills has never been this easy as many of our courses are open to students with little or no qualifications or previous experience. All the courses are up-to-date, relevant, affordable, and will build on existing expertise or give you a jump-start to a new career. The courses are meticulously designed and equals what is offered in a classroom setting. With a solid reputation that has established and made us made us one of the most trusted and reliable online course providers we offer the most convenient path to gain recognised skills and training that will give you the opportunity to put into practice your knowledge and expertise in your chosen career. You can learn at your own pace at Study 365 and you will be provided with all the necessary material, tutorials, qualified course instructor, narrated e-learning modules, interactive quizzes and free resources which include Free CV writing pack, free career support and course demo to make your learning experience enriching and more rewarding.
- Learn about incident response and how to defend networks and systems against hackers.
- Understand how to use open source tools for incident response purposes.
- Gain insight into topics such as: cloud security, disaster recovery, honeypots, firewalls, and so much more.
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
- IT students
- Job seekers
- IT and cyber professionals
- Learners must be age 16 or over and
- Should have a basic understanding of the English Language, numeracy, literacy, and ICT.
- Should have a basic understanding of incident response.
At the end of the course, you will have one assignment to be submitted (you need a mark of 65% to pass) and you can submit the assignment at any time. You will only need to pay £19 for assessment and certification when you submit the assignment. You will receive the results within 72 hours of submittal, and will be sent a certificate in 7-14 days if you have successfully passed the course.
Those who successfully complete the course will be awarded the Incident Response for Cyber Professionals certificate by CPD & iAP. The qualification will make you valuable to employers, and your motivation at gaining new skills will be recognised.
Chad Russell has been in the CyberSecurity industry for over 15 years. He has taught Microsoft Engineering courses as a Certified trainer, managed teams of security engineers and analysts for an internet banking provider, and has been an information security consultant working for companies including SAP, Microsoft and Oracle.
He leads and conducts ‘Security Risk Assessments’ for customers throughout North America with an emphasis on cloud security, identity governance, network security, social engineering, mobile security, breach assessments, database security, and access management.
Over the past 15 years he has held numerous certifications including CISSP, CCNP, MCSE and MCDBA certifications, and has a B.S. in Computer Science from Excelsior College.
On the successful completion of this course in Incident Response for Cyber Professionals, you will be eligible to win various job positions in the IT or cyber security field. This course can also help you in your career progression and to demand for salary increments and job promotions from your organisation. The job positions this course will help you land, along with the average UK salary per annum according to https://www.payscale.com/career-path-planner, is given below,
- Information Security Analyst – £33,317 per annum
- Security Consultant – £44,053 per annum
- Head of IT and Infrastructure – £57,887 per annum
- Support Analyst, Information Technology (IT) – £23,669 per annum
- Written and designed by the industry’s finest expert instructors with over 15 years of experience
- Repeat and rewind all your lectures and enjoy a personalised learning experience
- Gain access to quality video tutorials
- Unlimited 12 months access from anywhere, anytime
- Save time and money on travel
- Learn at your convenience and leisure
- Eligible for TOTUM discount card
- Free Career Support Service
- 25% Discount on personal Statement and covering letter writing service
- Free Access to Over 150 courses for 2 days (48 hours)
- Free access to course before you purchase (For selected courses only)
|1: INCIDENT RESPONSE|
|2: CYBER ATTACKS|
|3: VIRTUALIZATION AND CLOUD SECURITY|
|5: OPERATIONAL SECURITY|
|6: DISASTER RECOVERY|
|7: PLATFORM HARDENING AND BASELINING|
|8: ADVANCED PERIMETER SECURITY|
|9: STATIC MALWARE ANALYSIS|
|11: ADVANCED IDS|
|12: SNORT AND BRO|
|13: HONEYPOTS AND HONEYNETS|
|15: APACHE SECURITY LOGGING|
No Reviews found for this course.