Swing refers to a GUI widget toolkit that is used in Java programming. Swing components are implemented by writing entirely in Java language unlike the AWT components, and hence, is regarded as platform-independent. Swing was designed with the intention of providing more advanced GUI components than the previous Abstract window toolkit. Swing enables developers to create graphical user interface components such as labels, scroll bars, check boxes and many more. In addition to these basic components, developers can also create advanced components such as tress, scroll panes, lists and many more through Swing.
Graphical user interface (GUI) has evolved to successfully replace the old and complicated textual interface and has gained recognition as an important component that enhances the human-computer interaction. It is also considered as an easy and user-friendly approach to human-computer interaction. In the modern world, it has become an essential criteria for developers to be skilled with regards to GUI in order to consider a career in programming. This course in Mastering Java Swing will teach you the techniques needed to build a professional graphical user interface, more specifically a GUI, with the Java programming language and SWING library. Learn about the techniques that helps you build a graphical user interface, more specifically a GUI, with the Java programming language and SWING library. You will get to understand about AWT, swing libraries, and the basics of swing components. This course will walk you through how to print text as well as handle SWING controls using the NetBeans GUI Builder. You can learn how to connect to the MySQL database through NetBeans. You can also have a look into the advanced SWING components by using focus and linking controls, as well as connecting through binding methods.
Why consider learning at study 365?
With so many commitments in our lives, we may not have the time to learn new skills. The beauty of studying online is that you get to find this balance between your education and your daily commitments
Study 365 offers hundreds of online courses to students across the world. Gaining new skills has never been this easy as many of our courses are open to students with little or no qualifications or previous experience. All the courses are up-to-date, relevant, affordable, and will build on existing expertise or give you a jump-start to a new career. The courses are meticulously designed and equals what is offered in a classroom setting. With a solid reputation that has established and made us made us one of the most trusted and reliable online course providers we offer the most convenient path to gain recognised skills and training that will give you the opportunity to put into practice your knowledge and expertise in your chosen career. You can learn at your own pace at Study 365 and you will be provided with all the necessary material, tutorials, qualified course instructor, narrated e-learning modules, interactive quizzes and free resources which include Free CV writing pack, free career support and course demo to make your learning experience enriching and more rewarding.
- Learn about the techniques that helps you build a graphical user interface, more specifically a GUI, with the Java programming language and SWING library.
- Understand about AWT, swing libraries, and the basics of swing components.
- Gain an insight into the classes JLabel, JButton, control texts, JTextComponent, ToggleButton, JDialog, JColorChooser and JFileChooser.
- Get an understanding on how to print text as well as handle SWING controls using the NetBeans GUI Builder.
- Learn how to connect to the MySQL database through NetBeans.
- Gain an insight into the advanced SWING components by using focus and linking controls, as well as connecting through binding methods.
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Who is this course aimed at?
- IT students
- Job seekers
- IT professionals
- Learners must be age 16 or over
- Should have a basic understanding of the English Language, numeracy, literacy, and ICT
- Possess good knowledge of Java Standard Edition, HTML and CSS
- Knowing MySQL would be helpful
Method of assessment
At the end of the course, you will have one assignment to be submitted (you need a mark of 65% to pass) and you can submit the assignment at any time. You will only need to pay £19 for assessment and certification when you submit the assignment. You will receive the results within 72 hours of submittal, and will be sent a certificate in 7-14 days if you have successfully passed.
Certification and awarding body
Those who successfully complete the course will be awarded the Mastering Java Swing certificate by CPD & iAP. The qualification will make you valuable to employers, and your motivation at gaining new skills will be recognised.
Progression and career path
This certificate in Mastering Java Swing, along with the other programming qualifications, is sure to help you get ahold of a rewarding job position in the IT or programming field. If you are an employee looking for a way to progress in your career, this certificate is sure to help you achieve it by making you eligible to demand for salary increments and job promotions from your employer. Below mentioned are few of the job positions you can get ahold of with this course, along with the average UK salary per annum according to https://www.payscale.com,
- Java developer – £34,560 per annum
- Senior java developer – £50,991 per annum
- Java programmer – £35,051 per annum
- Software developer, web applications – £29,953 per annum
- Written and designed by the industry’s finest expert instructors with over 15 years of experience
- Repeat and rewind all your lectures and enjoy a personalised learning experience
- Gain access to quality video tutorials
- Unlimited 12 months access from anywhere, anytime
- Save time and money on travel
- Learn at your convenience and leisure
- Eligible for a NUS discount card
- Free Career Support Service
- 25% Discount on personal Statement and covering letter writing service
- Free Access to Over 150 courses for 2 days (48 hours)
- Free access to course before you purchase (For selected courses only)
|1: Introduction to Swing|
|Introduction to Swing||00:00:00|
|2: Work with Swing in NetBeans|
|Work with Swing in NetBeans||00:00:00|
|3: Swing Layouts|
|6: JLabel and JButton|
|JLabel and JButton||00:00:00|
|7: Controls for text manipulation|
|Controls for text manipulation||00:00:00|
|12: Creating user control (bean)|
|Creating user control (bean)||00:00:00|
|13: Swing Event Listeners|
|Swing Event Listeners||00:00:00|
|14: Mapping and Linking (ORM and Binding)|
|Mapping and Linking (ORM and Binding)||00:00:00|
|15: Thread in Swing|
|Thread in Swing||00:00:00|
|16: Action and Timer|
|Action and Timer||00:00:00|
|17: Look and feel|
|Look and feel||00:00:00|
|18: Drag and drop|
|Drag and drop||00:00:00|
|21: JProgressBar and JSlider|
|JProgressBar and JSlider||00:00:00|
|24: Menus handling|
|25: Toolbar and Tooltip|
|Toolbar and Tooltip||00:00:00|
|26: System Tray and Splash Screen|
|System Tray and Splash Screen||00:00:00|
No Reviews found for this course.