Unity 3D is a game engine used to create multi-platform 3D and 2D games for desktops, consoles, mobile devices and websites. Combining high end technology and tools with intuitive and customisable settings, it runs on almost every platform you can think of and is constantly developed and improved by its community of developers. As well as creating games, it also provides features such as ads, analytics, cloud building and multiplayer networking.
Proper lighting and shadowing of the gaming sequences is very crucial for the overall visual effect of the games. Proper lighting and shadowing is also necessary to keep the gamers engaged by making them sense the environment of the games. A successful game developer should have firm grips on the lighting and shadowing components of game development for the proper execution of the games. In this Unity 3D – Using Light and Shadow in Game Development course, you will create real game scenes like the Unity Airlock scene. You will also venture out to Mars and light the Red Planet in stunning ways. The course starts out with a brief introduction and background, and then moves on to topics such as Normals, Realtime Lighting, Light Mapping, Post Processing, and so much more. By the completion of this course, you will walk away with the knowledge to create mind blowing games with the correct lighting and shadowing effects.
- Why consider learning at study 365?
- Learning outcomes
- Access duration
- Who is this course aimed at?
- Entry requirements
- Method of assessment
- Certification and awarding body
- Progression and career path
- Other benefits
With so many commitments in our lives, we may not have the time to learn new skills. The beauty of studying online is that you get to find this balance between your education and your daily commitments
Study 365 offers hundreds of online courses to students across the world. Gaining new skills has never been this easy as many of our courses are open to students with little or no qualifications or previous experience. All the courses are up-to-date, relevant, affordable, and will build on existing expertise or give you a jump-start to a new career. The courses are meticulously designed and equals what is offered in a classroom setting. With a solid reputation that has established and made us made us one of the most trusted and reliable online course providers we offer the most convenient path to gain recognised skills and training that will give you the opportunity to put into practice your knowledge and expertise in your chosen career. You can learn at your own pace at Study 365 and you will be provided with all the necessary material, tutorials, qualified course instructor, narrated e-learning modules, interactive quizzes and free resources which include Free CV writing pack, free career support and course demo to make your learning experience enriching and more rewarding.
- Learn about light and shadow in game development and how to implement it using Unity 3D.
- Create real game scenes like the Unity Airlock scene.
- Learn how to venture out to Mars and light the Red Planet in stunning ways.
- Gain an insight into topics such as Normals, Realtime Lighting, Light Mapping, Post Processing, and so much more.
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
- Game development beginners
- Job seekers
- Game development professionals
At the end of the course, you will have one assignment to be submitted (you need a mark of 65% to pass) and you can submit the assignment at any time. You will only need to pay £19 for assessment and certification when you submit the assignment. You will receive the results within 72 hours of submittal, and will be sent a certificate in 7-14 days if you have successfully passed.
Those who successfully complete the course will be awarded the Unity 3D – using light and shadow in game development certificate by CPD & iAP. The qualification will make you valuable to employers, and your motivation at gaining new skills will be recognised.
You can use this certificate in unity 3D – Using light and shadow in game development to complement your professional qualifications and to improve your chances of landing a rewarding job position in the game development industry. For a game development professional, this certificate can help pave for career progression by putting you in line to demand for salary increment and job promotions from your organisation as well. Few of the job positions you can use this course in, along with the average UK salary per annum according to https://www.payscale.com/career-path-planner, is given below,
- Video game producer – £25,000 per annum
- Video game artist – £20,757 per annum
- Video game designer – £27,399 per annum
- Written and designed by the industry’s finest expert instructors with over 15 years of experience
- Repeat and rewind all your lectures and enjoy a personalised learning experience
- Unlimited 12 months access from anywhere, anytime
- Save time and money on travel
- Learn at your convenience and leisure
- Eligible for TOTUM discount card
- Free Career Support Service
- 25% Discount on personal Statement and covering letter writing service
- Free Access to Over 150 courses for 2 days (48 hours)
- Free access to course before you purchase (For selected courses only)
|1: LIGHT AND SHADOW|
|Normals Part 1||00:00:00|
|Normals Part 2||00:00:00|
|Light Mapping Part 1||00:00:00|
|Light Mapping Part 2||00:00:00|
|Light Mapping the Airlock Part 1||00:00:00|
|Light Mapping the Airlock Part 2||00:00:00|
No Reviews found for this course.