Do you love children? Do you want to understand their psychology? If you are passionate about children and their wellbeing, this course is perfect for you.
The Child and Adolescent Counselling Certificate course is designed for learners looking to gain in-depth knowledge and understanding of child and adolescent behaviour. If you have an interest in becoming a child counsellor this course is very useful. Children nowadays lead their lives in stressful and pressurised circumstances. Many of them require professional counselling.
The Child and Adolescent Counselling Certificate course will enhance your skills and techniques so that you can develop your counselling attributes suited to children starting from the age of toddler all the way to a teenager.
The Child and Adolescent Counselling Certificate course will explore child development, therapeutic language and psychological issues. The course also goes into in-depth detail on how to deal with family issues, grief, peer pressure, low self-esteem, bullying, sexual identity, addictions and self-harm. It is a career that you can do from your home, start your own counselling practice and take steps to become a professional counsellor.
- Course Outline
- Learning Outcomes
- Why consider learning at Study 365?
- Certificate in Child & Adolescent Counselling Course Benefits
- Course Duration
- Entry Requirements
- Method of Assessment
- Awarding Body
- Progression and Career Path
- Qualification Title: Certificate in Child & Adolescent Counselling
- Qualification Type: Level 2 Certificate
- Accreditation Status: Accredited by CPD and iAP
- Course Duration: Self-paced (module availability: 365 days)
- Guided Learning Hours: 04
- Availability: International
- You will learn how to work with young children and teenagers
- Child development at various ages
- Understand child abuse and child bullying
- Gain an understanding on grief and loss
- Understand conflict and stress in young children and adolescents
With so many commitments in our lives, we may not have the time to learn new skills. The beauty of studying online is that you get to find this balance between your education and your daily commitments
Study 365 offers hundreds of online courses to students across the world. Gaining new skills has never been this easy as many of our courses are open to students with little or no qualifications or previous experience. All the courses are up-to-date, relevant, affordable, and will build on existing expertise or give you a jump-start to a new career. The courses are meticulously designed and equals what is offered in a classroom setting. With a solid reputation that has established and made us made us one of the most trusted and reliable online course providers we offer the most convenient path to gain recognised skills and training that will give you the opportunity to put into practice your knowledge and expertise in your chosen career. You can learn at your own pace at Study 365 and you will be provided with all the necessary material, tutorials, qualified course instructor, narrated e-learning modules, interactive quizzes and free resources which include Free CV writing pack, free career support and course demo to make your learning experience enriching and more rewarding.
- Written and designed by the industry’s finest expert instructors with over 15 years experience
- Repeat and rewind all your lectures and enjoy a personalised learning experience
- Gain access to quality video tutorials
- Unlimited 12 months access from anywhere, anytime
- Support by email, phone and live chat
- Save time and money on travel
- Learn at your convenience and leisure
- Quizzes, tests mock exams, practice exams to ensure you are 100% ready
- Eligible for TOTUM discount card
You have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at anytime.
- You must be over the age of 16 and have a basic understanding of Maths, English and ICT
- The course is for learners who have an interest in child psychology
- Individuals who have basic background in child development and psychology
- The course is also suitable for counsellors and social workers with an interest in children and adolescents
At the end of the course you will be required to take a multiple choice question assessment test. The multiple choice question assessment will be automatically marked with learners receiving an instant grade.
Those who successfully complete the exam will be awarded the Certificate in Child and Adolescent Counselling.
The Child and Adolescent Counselling Certificate will be awarded by CPD & iAP. This internationally recognised qualification will make your CV standout and encourage employers to see your motivation at expanding your skills and knowledge in a field you are passionate about.
Once you successfully complete the Child and Adolescent Counselling Certificate you will be qualified to work in the following positions. The qualification will also put you in line to demand a higher salary or job promotion. The average UK salary per annum according to https://www.payscale.com/career-path-planner is given below.
- Social Worker
- Childcare Worker
- School Counsellor
- Early Childhood Educator
|Free Promotional Video|
|Child & Adolescent Counselling: Promo||FREE||00:00:00|
|About the Course||00:00:00|
|Definition of Counselling||00:00:00|
|The Counselling Relationship||00:00:00|
|2: Psychology of Growth and Development|
|The Development Cycle||00:00:00|
|Parent, Child, Teacher Relationships||00:00:00|
|The Complexities of Growth||00:00:00|
|Introduction – Psychological Development||00:00:00|
|3: Therapeutic Language and Behaviour|
|Conflict and Stress||00:00:00|
|Working with Children||00:00:00|
|The Use of Language||00:00:00|
|4: Psychological Issues|
|Grief and Bereavement||00:00:00|
|Exploring Grief and Letting Go||00:00:00|
|Dysfunctional Families Explained||00:00:00|
|What is Co-Dependency?||00:00:00|
|Child Bullying and Child Abuse||00:00:00|
|5: Therapeutic Outcomes|
|Psychological Study of Education||00:00:00|
|Using Newly Found Skills||00:00:00|
|Recovery – The Therapeutic Process||00:00:00|
|Moving on – Emotional Intimacy||00:00:00|
|6: Working as a Counsellor|
|Setting up a Practice||00:00:00|
|Change & Transformation|
|Child Bullying and Child Abuse|
|Conflict and Stress|
|Counselling Relationship with children|
|Grief and Bereavement|
|Opening Your Practice|
|Parent, Child, Teacher Relationships|
|What is Counselling|
|Working with Children|
|Mock Exam : Certificate in Child & Adolescent Counselling||00:40:00|
|Final Exam : Certificate in Child & Adolescent Counselling||00:40:00|
|Certificate Download Guide|
|Certificate Download Guide||00:00:00|