Although you may not be directly working in employment that requires you to know fire safety, it is still an important safety aspect. If you are a new employee your employer will want you to follow induction training that will involve fire safety awareness. The Principles of Fire Safety Awareness – Level 1 course will provide comprehensive knowledge on fire safety. The course will give learners a clear understanding on the steps to take in case of a fire and what protocol to follow when a fire breaks out. The course is ideal for beginners but advanced learners can also use this as a refresher course and gain further awareness on fire safety.
The Principles of Fire Safety Awareness – Level 1 course will introduce learners to fire safety awareness, fire risk control and practical fire safety protocol. Learners will know what exactly to do in case of fire and how to safeguard themselves.
The Principles of Fire Safety Awareness – Level 1 course will give learners insight on fire hazards and fire risks. The course will provide the necessary tools to equip learners on what to do if a fire starts in a building and to be prepared for emergency evacuation. Individuals will learn about workplace safety zone and fire exists.
Why learn at Study 365?
With so many commitments in our lives, we may not have the time to learn new skills. The beauty of studying online is that you get to find this balance between your education and your daily commitments.
Study 365 offers hundreds of online courses to students across the world. Gaining new skills has never been this easy as many of our courses are open to students with little or no qualifications and previous experience. All the courses are up-to-date, relevant, affordable, and will build on existing expertise or give you a jump-start to a new career. The courses are meticulously designed and equals what is offered in a classroom setting. With a solid reputation that has established and made us made us one of the most trusted and reliable online course providers we offer the most convenient path to gain recognised skills and training that will give you the opportunity to put into practice your knowledge and expertise in your chosen career. You can learn at your own pace at Study 365 and you will be provided with all the necessary material, tutorials, qualified course instructor, narrated e-learning modules, interactive quizzes and free resources which include Free CV writing pack, free career support and course demo to make your learning experience enriching and more rewarding.
What will I learn?
- Gain a clear understanding of the safety protocols to adhere to during a fire emergency.
- Learn about the principles of fire risk control.
- Learn what action steps to take in a fire hazard.
- Learn how to manage a fire emergency.
- Understand employee roles and responsibilities in case of a fire hazard in the workplace.
- Gain a clear understanding on fire extinguishers and other fire handling equipment.
- Apply fire safety practices to avoid fire hazards and fire risks in the workplace.
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Who is this Course aimed at?
- All employees undertaking induction training
- Employees who have no specific fire safety roles
- The course is suitable for all levels of employees and managers
- Anyone with an interest in fire safety awareness
Method of Assessment
At the end of the Principles of Fire Safety Awareness – Level 1 you will be evaluated through an online multiple choice exam. In order to complete this program successfully and gain your professional qualification.
Those who successfully complete the course will be awarded the Level 1 Certificate in Principles of Fire Safety Awareness by the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health. It will make you valuable to employers, and your motivation at gaining new skills will be recognised.
CIEH (The Chartered Institute of Environmental Health) has been supporting professionals since 1883 and an awarding body for the environmental health sector. CIEH has been instrumental in developing several environmental standards in the public and health sectors contributing greatly to the overall wellbeing on a global scale. They set a high standard of improving public health and influencing policy. They provide educational opportunities and training for environmental health professionals working across the public and private sectors. It is with a vision to provide and support a healthier, cleaner and safer environment for all.
Progression and Career Path
Once you successfully complete the Principles of Fire Safety Awareness – Level 1 you will gain an accredited qualification that will give your career the jump start you have always wanted. With this qualification you can further expand your education or go onto work in numerous positions that will also put you in line to demand a higher salary or job promotion. The average UK salary per annum is calculated according to https://www.payscale.com. The certification will enable employees in the capacity of Junior and Senior workers, including Supervisors and Managers to gain high earning positions within the industry.
- Health & Safety Coordinator – £22,250 per annum
- Health & Safety Manager – £34,651 per annum
- Environmental Health & Safety Manager – £40,329 per annum
- Written and designed by the industry’s finest expert instructors with over 15 years of experience
- Repeat and rewind all your lectures and enjoy a personalised learning experience
- Gain access to quality video tutorials
- Unlimited 12 months access from anywhere, anytime
- Save time and money on travel
- Learn at your convenience and leisure
- Eligible for a NUS discount card
- Free Career Support Service
- 25% Discount on personal Statement and covering letter writing service
- Free Access to Over 150 courses for 2 days (48 hours)
- Free access to course before you purchase (For selected courses only)
|1: Introduction to Fire Safety Awareness|
|1.2 Causes and effects of workplace fires||00:00:00|
|1.3 Duties and responsibilities||00:00:00|
|1.4 Actions to be taken in the event of a fire||00:00:00|
|1.5 Fire prevention measures||00:00:00|
|2: Fire Risk Control|
|2.2 Fire risk management||00:00:00|
|2.3 Fire triangle||00:00:00|
|2.4 Fire risk control measures||00:00:00|
|2.5 Reporting fire safety issues||00:00:00|
|3: Practical Fire Safety|
|3.2 Portable fire-fighting equipment||00:00:00|
|3.3 Fire classification system||00:00:00|
|3.4 Fighting electrical fires||00:00:00|
|3.5 Main types of fire extinguishers||00:00:00|
|3.6 Simple fire extinguishing safety checks||00:00:00|
No Reviews found for this course.