Do you love to bake cakes? Decorate them? Is it a hobby that you would like to turn into a profession? The Advanced Diploma in Cake Baking and Ornamenting – Level 3 Certification will equip you with the right skills and knowledge to run your own cake baking and decorating business. Cake bakers are in demand and cake baking has become a lucrative venture. If you want to become a professional cake baker and decorator, you will find this course very helpful. It will give you a firm understanding of what it takes to run your own cake baking business.
The course will discuss key topics such as cake baking and decoration, how to make icing, fondant, how to create a cake from scratch, fondant decoration and presentation. Learn how to make a cake that is stunning and draws in clients, who will in turn become repeat customers.
The Advanced Diploma in Cake Baking and Ornamenting – Level 3 Certification will give your CV a good boost. You will not only learn how to bake cakes, but also to take a plain cake and make it visually appealing. If you’ve always wanted to be a cake baker, this course is a great choice.
The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme. This means that Study 365 has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet defined quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to a regulated qualification* but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills gained. The Learner Unit Summary may be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this subject. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner.
The course itself has been designed by Study 365 to meet specific learners’ and/or employers’ requirements which cannot be satisfied through current regulated qualifications. ABC Awards & Certa Awards endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
*Regulated qualification refers to those qualifications that are regulated by Ofqual / CCEA / Qualification Wales
Why consider learning at Study 365?
With so many commitments in our lives, we may not have the time to learn new skills. The beauty of studying online is that you get to find this balance between your education and your daily commitments
Study 365 offers hundreds of online courses to students across the world. Gaining new skills has never been this easy as many of our courses are open to students with little or no qualifications or previous experience. All the courses are up-to-date, relevant, affordable, and will build on existing expertise or give you a jump-start to a new career. The courses are meticulously designed and equals what is offered in a classroom setting. With a solid reputation that has established and made us made us one of the most trusted and reliable online course providers we offer the most convenient path to gain recognised skills and training that will give you the opportunity to put into practice your knowledge and expertise in your chosen career. You can learn at your own pace at Study 365 and you will be provided with all the necessary material, tutorials, qualified course instructor, narrated e-learning modules, interactive quizzes and free resources which include Free CV writing pack, free career support and course demo to make your learning experience enriching and more rewarding.
- Learn cake baking and decorating tips and turn those recipes into professional cakes and pastries.
- Learn fondant and icing techniques, layer creation and how to prepare cakes from scratch.
- Create a portfolio and include your work in order to attract potential clients.
- Learn what it takes to start a baking and cake decorating business. There is a lot of flexibility and benefits when you are self-employed.
- There are many job opportunities for cake bakers and decorators.
- Master the techniques and skills on how to bake and decorate cakes to a high standard.
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Who is this Course aimed at?
- Individuals considering changing their career and starting a new one
- Individuals entering the workforce after taking a break from their former careers
- Those who want to start their own business in baking and cake decoration
- Anyone with an interest in baking and cake decorating
- Learners should be age 19 or over, and must have a basic understanding of Maths, English, and ICT.
- A recognised qualification at level 2 or above in any discipline.
Method of Assessment
This online course is assignment-based with learners being assessed upon the submission of a series of assignments. Once you successfully submit the assignments, students will gain a professional qualification. The assignments must be submitted to the instructor through the online learning portal. The assignments will be reviewed and evaluated, with feedback provided to the student on how well they have fared.
Please Note: Additionally, £79 is charged for assessment and certificate and you need to pay that when you are submitting your assessments only (It is not required to pay initially when you are registering). This payment can be paid into 02 installments when you are submitting your assessments.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
Course Code: QLS-04913
Accredited body (Accreditation) ABC Awards and Certa Awards have long-established reputations for providing high quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. ABC Awards and Certa Awards combine over 180 years of expertise combined with a responsive, flexible and innovative approach to the needs of our customers.
Renowned for excellent customer service, and quality standards, ABC Awards and Certa Awards also offer regulated qualifications for all ages and abilities post-14; all are developed with the support of relevant stakeholders to ensure that they meet the needs and standards of employers across the UK.
Progression and Career Path
Once you successfully completed the Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Cake Baking and Ornamenting you will be qualified to work in the following positions. The vast majority of bakers and cake decorators are qualified to set-up their own business. Self-employment means benefiting from complete flexibility, operating your business as you like and establishing a strong and reliable reputation amongst your clients. The qualification will also put you in line to demand a higher salary or job promotion. The average UK salary per annum according to https://www.payscale.com is given below.
- Cake Decorator – (average UK hourly pay: £7.94)
- Baker – (average UK hourly pay: £8.05)
- Pastry Chef – (average UK yearly salary: £21,236)
Others jobs you can get
- Cake Decoration business owner
- Cake Stylist
- Professional Cake Maker
- Confectionary Baker
- Written and designed by the industry’s finest expert instructors with over 15 years of experience
- Repeat and rewind all your lectures and enjoy a personalised learning experience
- Unlimited 12 months access from anywhere, anytime
- Save time and money on travel
- Learn at your convenience and leisure
- Eligible for a NUS discount card
- Free Career Support Service
- 25% Discount on personal Statement and covering letter writing service
- Free Access to Over 150 courses for 2 days (48 hours)
- Free access to course before you purchase (For selected courses only)
|1: Introduction to cake baking and decoration|
|Introduction to cake baking and decoration||00:00:00|
|2: How to make the icing|
|How to make the icing||00:00:00|
|3: How to make fondant|
|How to make fondant||00:00:00|
|☑ Submit Your Assignment|
|Assignment Submission I – Cake Baking and Ornamenting Level 3||00:00:00|
|4: Why taste is important?|
|Why taste is important?||00:00:00|
|5: Fondant decoration|
|6: Creating the cake from scratch|
|Creating the cake from scratch||00:00:00|
|☑ Submit Your Assignment|
|Assignment Submission II – Cake Baking and Ornamenting Level 3||00:00:00|