There are many cake bakers and decorators, but do they know that it can become a lucrative business venture? With kids birthday parties, events, graduations, weddings and receptions there will always be a need for cake bakers and decorators. Learn the art of baking and decorating and become a professional at your job. The Advanced Diploma in Cake Baking and Ornamenting – Level 3 is a comprehensive course that will enable individuals to acquire in-depth skills and knowledge to become professional bakers and cake decorators. The course will give learners the skills and knowledge of what it takes to run your own baking and cake decorating business.
The course will cover the techniques of baking and decorating. Learn how to make your cakes presentable and visually appealing. Your skills will come in useful when you have to present them to potential clients. Become more marketable as a baker and cake decorator with the Advanced Diploma in Cake Baking and Ornamenting – Level 3.
Here’s an opportunity for all bakers and cake decorators to become professionally qualified. The course will cover key topics such as how to make fondant, icing, tasting, decorating and assembling the cake together. It is the perfect course if you want to experience the success you always hoped for as a baker and cake decorator.
The Quality Licence Scheme, endorses high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This means that Global Edulink* has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet defined quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to a regulated qualification but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills gained. The Learner Unit Summary may be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this subject. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Quality Licence Scheme, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner.
The course itself has been designed by Global Edulink* to meet specific learners’ and/or employers’ requirements which cannot be satisfied through current qualifications. Quality Licence Scheme endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
This course has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
*Study365 is an approved reselling partner for Quality Licence Scheme courses under Global Edulink
- Why consider learning at Study 365?
- Learning Outcomes
- Access Duration
- Who is this Course aimed at?
- Entry Requirement
- Method of Assessment
- Accredited Body
- Progression and Career Path
- Other Benefits
With so many commitments in our lives, we may not have the time to learn new skills. The beauty of studying online is that you get to find this balance between your education and your daily commitments
Study 365 offers hundreds of online courses to students across the world. Gaining new skills has never been this easy as many of our courses are open to students with little or no qualifications or previous experience. All the courses are up-to-date, relevant, affordable, and will build on existing expertise or give you a jump-start to a new career. The courses are meticulously designed and equals what is offered in a classroom setting. With a solid reputation that has established and made us made us one of the most trusted and reliable online course providers we offer the most convenient path to gain recognised skills and training that will give you the opportunity to put into practice your knowledge and expertise in your chosen career. You can learn at your own pace at Study 365 and you will be provided with all the necessary material, tutorials, qualified course instructor, narrated e-learning modules, interactive quizzes and free resources which include Free CV writing pack, free career support and course demo to make your learning experience enriching and more rewarding.
- Learn cake baking and decorating tips and turn those recipes into professional cakes and pastries.
- Learn fondant and icing techniques, layer creation and how to prepare cakes from scratch.
- Create a portfolio and include your work in order to attract potential clients.
- Learn what it takes to start a baking and cake decorating business. There is a lot of flexibility and benefits when you are self-employed.
- There are many job opportunities for cake bakers and decorators.
- Master the techniques and skills on how to bake and decorate cakes to a high standard.
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
- Individuals considering changing their career and starting a new one
- Individuals entering the workforce after taking a break from their former careers
- Those who want to start their own business in baking and cake decoration
- Anyone with an interest in baking and cake decorating
- Learners should be age 19 or over, and must have a basic understanding of Maths, English, and ICT.
- A recognised qualification at level 2 or above in any discipline.
This online course is assignment-based with learners being assessed upon the submission of a series of assignments. Once you successfully submit the assignments, students will gain an academic certification. The assignments must be submitted to the instructor through the online learning portal. The assignments will be reviewed and evaluated, with feedback provided to the student on how well they have fared.
At the Completion of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from Quality Licence Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).Course Code: QLS-04913
Quality Licence Scheme have long-established reputations for providing high quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. Quality Licence Scheme combine over 180 years of expertise combined with a responsive, flexible and innovative approach to the needs of our customers.
Renowned for excellent customer service, and quality standards, Quality Licence Scheme also offers qualifications for all ages and abilities all are developed with the support of relevant stakeholders to ensure that they meet the needs and standards of employers across the UK.
Once you successfully completed the Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Cake Baking and Ornamenting you will be qualified to work in the following positions. The vast majority of bakers and cake decorators are qualified to set-up their own business. Self-employment means benefiting from complete flexibility, operating your business as you like and establishing a strong and reliable reputation amongst your clients. The certification will also put you in line to demand a higher salary or job promotion. The average UK salary per annum according to https://www.payscale.com/career-path-planner is given below.
- Cake Decorator – (average UK hourly pay: £7.94)
- Baker – (average UK hourly pay: £8.05)
- Pastry Chef – (average UK yearly salary: £21,236)
- Cake Decoration business owner
- Cake Stylist
- Professional Cake Maker
- Confectionary Baker
- Written and designed by the industry’s finest expert instructors with over 15 years of experience
- Repeat and rewind all your lectures and enjoy a personalised learning experience
- Unlimited 12 months access from anywhere, anytime
- Save time and money on travel
- Learn at your convenience and leisure
- Eligible for a TOTUM discount card
- Free Career Support Service
- 25% Discount on personal Statement and covering letter writing service
- Free Access to Over 150 courses for 2 days (48 hours)
- Free access to course before you purchase (For selected courses only)
|1: Introduction to cake baking and decoration|
|Introduction to cake baking and decoration|
|2: How to make the icing|
|How to make the icing|
|3: How to make fondant|
|How to make fondant|
|☑ Submit Your Assignment|
|Assignment Submission I – Cake Baking and Ornamenting Level 3 Certification|
|4: Why taste is important?|
|Why taste is important?|
|5: Fondant decoration|
|6: Creating the cake from scratch|
|Creating the cake from scratch|
|☑ Submit Your Assignment|
|Assignment Submission II – Cake Baking and Ornamenting Level 3 Certification|