You always want to know when your pet is in pain, whether it is your own pet, you work as a pet sitter or run a pet care business. Animals must and can be relieved of pain, while helping them to increase movement and improve overall health. The Advanced Diploma in Pet Physical Therapy – Level 3 is a practical course that will educate individuals on how to provide good quality care and services to pets while ensuring they are healthy overall.
It is a comprehensive course that offers insight to animal lovers who are thinking of becoming professionally qualified in the industry. If you want to have your own pet care business, get into Vet school or work in an animal shelter or hospital, the objective of the course is to fully equip yourself on what it takes to become a pet career professional.
The Advanced Diploma in Pet Physical Therapy – Level 3 will feature key topics on how to tackle animals in pain, what it takes to acquire professional knowledge in pet care, insight into physiotherapy, therapeutic exercises for your pet and how to tell when you should apply physio and when you shouldn’t.
The Quality Licence Scheme, endorses high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This means that Global Edulink* has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet defined quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to a regulated qualification but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills gained. The Learner Unit Summary may be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this subject. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Quality Licence Scheme, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner.
The course itself has been designed by Global Edulink* to meet specific learners’ and/or employers’ requirements which cannot be satisfied through current qualifications. Quality Licence Scheme endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
This course has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
*Study365 is an approved reselling partner for Quality Licence Scheme courses under Global Edulink
- Why consider learning at Study 365?
- Learning Outcomes
- Access Duration
- Who is this Course aimed at?
- Entry Requirement
- Method of Assessment
- Accredited Body
- Progression and Career Path
- Other Benefits
With so many commitments in our lives, we may not have the time to learn new skills. The beauty of studying online is that you get to find this balance between your education and your daily commitments
Study 365 offers hundreds of online courses to students across the world. Gaining new skills has never been this easy as many of our courses are open to students with little or no qualifications or previous experience. All the courses are up-to-date, relevant, affordable, and will build on existing expertise or give you a jump-start to a new career. The courses are meticulously designed and equals what is offered in a classroom setting. With a solid reputation that has established and made us made us one of the most trusted and reliable online course providers we offer the most convenient path to gain recognised skills and training that will give you the opportunity to put into practice your knowledge and expertise in your chosen career. You can learn at your own pace at Study 365 and you will be provided with all the necessary material, tutorials, qualified course instructor, narrated e-learning modules, interactive quizzes and free resources which include Free CV writing pack, free career support and course demo to make your learning experience enriching and more rewarding.
- Learn the techniques of how to handle your pet’s mobility of hip, knee or elbow in a safe and compassionate way.
- Learn how to read the signs of animals in pain.
- Learn the techniques of performing gentle exercises for animals who may be suffering from arthritis or an old injury.
- Learn how to tackle senior pets in the home, with compassion and gentleness.
- Learn how to massage your pet to help them relax and build strength.
- Learn about therapeutic exercises, and how to use them on your pet.
- Understand a dog’s anatomy and improve your knowledge of performing easy and enjoyable exercises that can be done at home.
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
- Individuals who have an older or stiff pet and want to learn how to use physiotherapy
- Individuals who want to learn different forms of animal physiotherapy
- Those who want to learn safe exercises for animals
- Anyone who has a deep interest in animal care and physiotherapy
- Learners should be age 19 or over, and must have a basic understanding of Maths, English, and ICT.
- A recognised qualification at level 2 or above in any discipline.
This online course is assignment-based with learners being assessed upon the submission of a series of assignments. Once you successfully submit the assignments, students will gain an academic certification. The assignments must be submitted to the instructor through the online learning portal. The assignments will be reviewed and evaluated, with feedback provided to the student on how well they have fared.
At the Completion of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from Quality Licence Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
Course Code: QLS-04919
Quality Licence Scheme have long-established reputations for providing high quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. Quality Licence Scheme combine over 180 years of expertise combined with a responsive, flexible and innovative approach to the needs of our customers.
Renowned for excellent customer service, and quality standards, Quality Licence Scheme also offers qualifications for all ages and abilities all are developed with the support of relevant stakeholders to ensure that they meet the needs and standards of employers across the UK.
Once you successfully completed the Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Pet Physical Therapy you can have a career in animal care or veterinary care. If you are interested in working in animal shelters, owning animals or volunteering with animals, this certification will give you a starting point to further your career path. Animal care workers who are in pursuit of a promotion will also find this course highly useful. The average UK salary per annum according to https://www.payscale.com/career-path-planner is given below.
- Veterinary Assistant - £15,686 per annum
- Animal Shelter Manager - £20,404 per annum
- Animal Care Technician
- Animal Caretaker - £14,995 per annum
- Pet Cate Attendant
- Dog Groomer - £8.08 per hour
Others jobs you can get
- Pet Care Specialist
- Pet Care Associate
- Dog Bather
- Dog Walker
- Pet Care Assistant
- Written and designed by the industry’s finest expert instructors with over 15 years of experience
- Repeat and rewind all your lectures and enjoy a personalised learning experience
- Unlimited 12 months access from anywhere, anytime
- Save time and money on travel
- Learn at your convenience and leisure
- Eligible for a TOTUM discount card
- Free Career Support Service
- 25% Discount on personal Statement and covering letter writing service
- Free Access to Over 150 courses for 2 days (48 hours)
- Free access to course before you purchase (For selected courses only)
|1: Overall view of animal physical therapy|
|Overall view of animal physical therapy|
|2: When to use physio and when not to|
|When to use physio and when not to|
|3: An understanding of physiotherapy|
|An understanding of physiotherapy|
|☑ Submit Your Assignment|
|Assignment Submission I – Pet Physical Therapy Level 3 Certification|
|4: How physiotherapy works|
|How physiotherapy works|
|5: Pet assessment and will physio help?|
|Pet assessment and will physio help?|
|6: How does your pet respond to physio?|
|How does your pet respond to physio?|
|☑ Submit Your Assignment|
|Assignment Submission II – Pet Physical Therapy Level 3 Certification|
|7: Can exercises help your pet?|
|Can exercises help your pet?|
|8: Why pet owners opt for physio?|
|Why pet owners opt for physio?|
|9: Building partnerships with professionals in veterinary services|
|Building partnerships with professionals in veterinary services|
|☑ Submit Your Assignment|
|Assignment Submission III – Pet Physical Therapy Level 3 Certification|