The Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care is designed for individuals who have a desire to work in Adult Social Care or who want to acquire more knowledge about the sector. The course provides learners with an understanding of what it takes to work in health and social care and the responsibilities of a health and social care worker. The course will introduce learners to the basic fundamentals of caring and preparation in adult social care.
The course will cover key features such as equality, diversion and inclusion, duty of care and safeguarding. The course will increase the confidence and knowledge in learners enabling them to seek employment in social and healthcare environments.
The Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care will give learners access to a wide range of areas such as personal development, communication, and health and safety. It is a great learning course for individuals who want to understand the concept behind preparing for work in this field and want to enhance their skills and knowledge of their job role.
Why consider learning at Study 365?
With so many commitments in our lives, we may not have the time to learn new skills. The beauty of studying online is that you get to find this balance between your education and your daily commitments
Study 365 offers hundreds of online courses to students across the world. Gaining new skills has never been this easy as many of our courses are open to students with little or no qualifications or previous experience. All the courses are up-to-date, relevant, affordable, and will build on existing expertise or give you a jump-start to a new career. The courses are meticulously designed and equals what is offered in a classroom setting. With a solid reputation that has established and made us made us one of the most trusted and reliable online course providers we offer the most convenient path to gain recognised skills and training that will give you the opportunity to put into practice your knowledge and expertise in your chosen career. You can learn at your own pace at Study 365 and you will be provided with all the necessary material, tutorials, qualified course instructor, narrated e-learning modules, interactive quizzes and free resources which include Free CV writing pack, free career support and course demo to make your learning experience enriching and more rewarding.
- Learn the role and responsibilities of a Care Worker and how to perform the job role to the best of their ability.
- Learn good practices in adult social care roles.
- Understand why diversity and inclusion are important in such settings.
- Learn how to recognise signs of alleged abuse and respond to them accordingly.
- Understand the duty of care and how to support certain challenges.
- Learn person-centered approach in your job role.
- Understand confidentiality in your job role as an adult social care worker.
- Provide a safe environment for people in your care.
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Who is this Course aimed at?
- The course is aimed at individuals who want to have a career as Senior Healthcare Workers, Support Workers, Community-Based Senior Care Assistants, Social Care Workers and Care Worker.
Learners will need to be over the age of 19, and must demonstrate the following:
- Vocational or academic qualification at Level 2 or higher
- Basic level of literacy, numeracy and ICT ability
In order to qualify for the program you will need to submit a completed application form which will be provided to you. This form should be provided to us within a month of enrolment along with the following;
- Proof of educational qualifications
- You must provide an identification document such as a passport or a driving licence.
Upon submission of the documents your application will be reviewed. If you fail to meet the entry requirements of the program your application will not be accepted.
Method of Assessment
To achieve this online accredited Adult Social Care qualification, learners must complete all 9 mandatory units, gaining them a total of 20 credits. You will complete assignments and create a portfolio of evidence, which will be assessed by a tutor.
This course will teach you all the fundamentals of working in social care:
- Equality, diversity and inclusion
- Personal development
- Role of the social care worker
- Handling information
- Health and safety
- Duty of care
- Person-centred approaches
- Qualification type: NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate
- Qualification title: NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
- Accreditation status: Accredited
- Level: 2
- Guided Learning Hours (GLH): 179
- Credits: 20
- Total Qualification Time (TQT): 200
- Qualification number (QN): 600/0047/8
Those who successfully complete the course will be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care Certificate. It will make you valuable to employers, and your motivation at gaining new skills will be recognised.
CACHE are continually investing in high quality qualifications for the care and education industry, making them the UK’s leading sector specialist. Developed by experts, CACHE qualifications help millions of learners to raise professional standards across the sector. As a result, CACHE has gained a deserved reputation for excellence and leadership.
NCFE is a national Awarding Organisation, passionate about designing, developing and certificating diverse, nationally recognised qualifications and awards. These qualifications contribute to the success of millions of learners at all levels, bringing them closer to fulfilling their personal goals. Last year alone, over 340,000 learners from over 2,000 colleges, schools and training organisations chose NCFE as the Awarding Organisation to help them move their careers forward.
Progression and Career Path
Once you successfully complete the Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care you will gain an accredited qualification that will prepare you to go further in your study of adult social care. You could go on to study the Level 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care or the Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care. The average UK salary per annum is according to https://www.payscale.com. The qualification is suitable for individuals who want to work under the direction of a teacher.
- Senior Healthcare Assistant – £8.14 per hour
- Residential Support Worker – £7.73 per hour
- Care Worker – £7.66 per hour
- Healthcare Assistant – £7.42 per hour
- Caregiver – £7.88 per hour
- Social Worker – £28,167 per annum
- Written and designed by the industry’s finest expert instructors with over 15 years of experience
- Repeat and rewind all your lectures and enjoy a personalised learning experience
- Unlimited 12 months access from anywhere, anytime
- Save time and money on travel
- Learn at your convenience and leisure
- Eligible for a NUS discount card
- Free Career Support Service
- 25% Discount on personal Statement and covering letter writing service
- Free Access to Over 150 courses for 2 days (48 hours)
- Free access to course before you purchase (For selected courses only)
|Equity and Access Policy||00:00:00|
|Academic Appeals Policy||00:00:00|
|Awarding Body Registration|
|Awarding Body Registration||00:00:00|
|1: Principles Of Communication In Adult Social Care|
|Principles of Communication in Adult Social Care||00:00:00|
|2: Principles Of Personal Development In Adult Social Care Settings|
|Principles of Personal Development in Adult Social Care Settings||00:00:00|
|3: Diversity, Equality And Inclusion|
|Diversity, Equality and Inclusion||00:00:00|
|4: Principles Of Safeguarding And Protection In Health And Social Care|
|Principles of Safeguarding and Protection in Health and Social Care||00:00:00|
|5: Introduction To Duty Of Care In Health, Social Care Or Children’s And Young People’s Settings|
|Introduction to Duty of Care in Health, Social Care or Children’s And Young People’s Settings||00:00:00|
|6: Understand The Role Of The Social Care Worker|
|Understand the Role of the Social Care Worker||00:00:00|
|7: Understand Person- Centred Approaches In Adult Health And Social Care|
|Understand Person – Centred Approaches in Adult Health and Social Care||00:00:00|
|8: Understand Health And Safety In Social Care Settings|
|Understand Health and Safety in Social Care Settings||00:00:00|
|9: Understand How To Handle Information In Social Care Settings|
|Understand How to Handle Information in Social Care Settings||00:00:00|
|☑ Submit Your Assignment|
|☑ Re-Submit Your Assignment|
No Reviews found for this course.