Designed for individuals aspiring to get into the special education teaching industry, this Certificate in Special Education Needs (SEN) – Level 3 course aims to take you in and out about Special Education Needs (SEN) in a matter of days. This course is a wonderful opportunity for you to progress in your current teaching career as well, since your expertise in dealing with special education needs will open up various progression opportunities within the industry. The course curriculum is very intensive and comprises of comprehensive modules that will make sure you possess the right knowledge and skills for a special education career.
This course will provide you insights into special education needs and then will help you understand the provisions made for special education across schools and other policies. You will also get access to learning materials that will talk about the role of SEN Co and other related agencies.
Once you explore the common SEN conditions found within mainstream schools, you will come to learn the behaviours that hinder a child from learning normally. You will also gain an opportunity to understand about inclusive education and the strategies to promote them within an educational setting.
The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme. This means that Global Edulink* has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers meet defined quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to a regulated qualification* but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills gained. The Learner Unit Summary may be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this subject. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner.
The course itself has been designed by Global Edulink* to meet specific learners’ and/or employers’ requirements which cannot be satisfied through current regulated qualifications. ABC Awards & Certa Awards endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.*Study365 is an approved reselling partner for ABC Awards courses under Global Edulink
*Regulated qualification refers to those qualifications that are regulated by Ofqual / CCEA / Qualification Wales
- Why consider learning at study365
- Learning outcomes
- Access duration
- Who is this course aimed at?
- Entry requirements
- Method of Assessment
- Accredited Body
- Progression and career path
- Other benefits
With so many commitments in our lives, we may not have the time to learn new skills. The beauty of studying online is that you get to find this balance between your education and your daily commitments.
Study 365 offers hundreds of online courses to students across the world. Gaining new skills has never been this easy as many of our courses are open to students with little or no qualifications or previous experience. All the courses are up-to-date, relevant, affordable, and will build on existing expertise or give you a jump-start to a new career. The courses are meticulously designed and equals what is offered in a classroom setting. With a solid reputation that has established and made us one of the most trusted and reliable online course providers, we offer the most convenient path to gain recognised skills and training that will give you the opportunity to put into practice your knowledge and expertise in your chosen career. You can learn at your own pace at Study 365 and you will be provided with all the necessary material, tutorials, qualified course instructor, narrated e-learning modules, interactive quizzes, and free resources which include Free CV writing pack, free career support, and course demo to make your learning experience enriching and more rewarding.
- Gain insight into special education needs
- Understand the provisions made for special education in schools and policies
- Learn the role of SEN Co and other related agencies
- Explore the common SEN conditions found in mainstream schools
- Identify the behaviours that hinder a child from learning normally
- Learn the importance of inclusive education and how to promote them
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
- This course is perfect for individuals aspiring to teach kids with special education needs and for teaching professionals looking to progress in their careers.
- Parents with special educational needs kids might also find this course beneficial
- Learners should be age 19 or over, and must have a basic understanding of Maths, English, and ICT.
- A recognised qualification at level 2 or above in any discipline.
This online course is assignment-based with learners being assessed upon the submission of a series of assignments. Once you successfully submit the assignments, students will gain a professional qualification. The assignments must be submitted to the instructor through the online learning portal. The assignments will be reviewed and evaluated, with feedback provided to the student on how well they have fared.
ABC Awards and Certa Awards will provide successful learners with a Certificate of Achievement and a Learner Unit Summary, which lists the units completed by the learner through this course. Course Code: QLS-05281
ABC Awards and Certa Awards have long-established reputations for providing high-quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. ABC Awards and Certa Awards combine over 180 years of expertise combined with a responsive, flexible and innovative approach to the needs of our customers.
Renowned for excellent customer service, and quality standards, ABC Awards, and Certa Awards also offer regulated qualifications for all ages and abilities post-14; all are developed with the support of relevant stakeholders to ensure that they meet the needs and standards of employers across the UK.
This certificate will improve your eligibility for a number of jobs across various industries. You can also use this certificate to expand your education in the area or to progress in your current career by demanding a higher pay or job promotion from your employer. Listed below are some of the jobs this certificate will help you in, along with the average UK salary per annum according to https://ww.payscale.com,
- Special Education Paraprofessional – £26,500 per annum
- Educational Specialist – £26,500 per annum
- Special Education Teacher (preschool) – £25,127 per annum
- Special Education Teacher (Middle School)- £36,000 per annum
- Written and designed by the industry’s finest expert instructors with over 15 years of experience
- Repeat and rewind all your lectures and enjoy a personalised learning experience
- Unlimited 12 months access from anywhere, anytime
- Save time and money on travel
- Learn at your convenience and leisure
- Eligible for a TOTUM discount card
- Free Career Support Service
- 25% Discount on personal Statement and covering letter writing service
- Free Access to Over 150 courses for 2 days (48 hours)
- Free access to course before you purchase (For selected courses only)
|1. Special Educational Needs (SEN) Overview|
|Special Educational Needs (SEN) Overview||00:00:00|
|2. Special Educational Needs (SEN) Provision In Schools And Policies|
|Special Educational Needs (SEN) Provision In Schools And Policies||00:00:00|
|3. SEN Co Role And Outside Agencies|
|SEN Co Role And Outside Agencies||00:00:00|
|Assignment Brief I – Special Educational Needs (SEN) Level 3||00:00:00|
|☑ Submit Your Assignment|
|4. Some Common SEN Conditions Found In Mainstream Schools|
|Some Common SEN Conditions Found In Mainstream Schools||00:00:00|
|6. Inclusive Education|
|Assignment Brief II – Special Educational Needs (SEN) Level 3||00:00:00|
|☑ Submit Your Assignment|