Office administrators undertake a wide range of functions to make sure that administration activities within an organisation run smoothly. They may be responsible for budgets, organising accommodation, property facilities and records. These functions can be performed at various levels ranging from junior through to upper management.
Office administrators may perform the following tasks:
- supervise and coordinate activities of staff
- interview job applicants
- conduct orientation programmes for new employees
- administer salaries and determine leave entitlements
- be involved in staff training and development, preparation of job descriptions, staff assessments and promotions
- prepare annual estimates of expenditure, maintain budgetary and inventory controls and make recommendations to management
- maintain management information systems (manual or computerised)
- locate suitable business premises and negotiate reasonable leasing agreements
- provide and maintain business premises and other facilities, including plant machinery and equipment
- review and answer correspondence
- provide secretarial or executive services for committees.
We understand that employers want to hire qualified professionals, which is why we provide a whole host of administration courses. Click here to see what your options are.