Educational psychology is concerned with how students learn and develop. It emphasizes trends in educational development while also focusing on educational diversity. For teachers and trainers to fulfil their instructional role most effectively, their teaching methods must be grounded in educational psychology. Educational psychology provides a framework for teachers and trainers to plan, create and deliver effective lessons, and assess each student’s learning.
This online diploma course, you will explore the topic of educational psychology in detail. Key development theories related to the learning process are examined and practical classroom examples are supplied to engage you throughout the course. Vital material about student diversity is also presented, including strategies and information about working with students with special educational needs.
Further, in this diploma you will gain a thorough grounding in the fundamental principles of psychology, the scientific study of mind and behaviour. You will focus on the application of psychology in an educational context – studying how individuals learn and develop. You will learn about the core areas of psychology and examine how psychology has been applied to education, linking theory to practice.
Our online programme is well designed that you feel same as you are in the classroom. This course is comprised of professionally narrated e-Learning modules, interactive quizzes, tests and exams. All delivered through a system that you will have access to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in 365 days (12 months). Effective support service, and study materials including step by step guided tutorial videos build your confidence to study well and guide you to secure your qualification.
√ Course Objectives:
- Educational Psychology diploma course prepares students for a professional qualification which will enable them to work in Children’s Services and to provide help with the major developmental and educational problems presented by children to parents, teachers in schools, and in other agencies.
√ Who is it for?
- If you have an interest in the study of students and their behaviour and want to find out more about the workings of the human mind, then Study365’s Educational Psychology Diploma course is the course for you.
- This online educational psychology diploma course is ideal for those who want to gain comprehensive understanding of the main elements of educational psychology, and will be of great benefit to people who work in education industry (teachers, headmasters) in their career progression.
√ Course Description:
√ Course Duration:
You will have 12 Months access to your online study platform from the date you purchased the course. The course is self-paced so you decide how fast or slow the training goes. You can complete the course in stages revisiting the training at any time.
√ Method of Assessment:
At the end of the course learners will also take an online multiple choice questions assessment test. This online multiple choice questions test is marked automatically so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
Successful candidates will be awarded certificate for “Psychology Diploma in Education & Training”.
√ Entry Requirement:
- There is no experience or previous qualifications required for enrolment on this course. It is available to all students, of all academic backgrounds. Having good educational background will be an advantage for this course.
- Learners should be ages 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- Basic understanding of English language, literacy, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
√ Career Path:
- This course will equip you to work as an educational psychologist in local authority children’s services.
- Educational psychologists help children or young people who are experiencing problems that hinder their successful learning and participation in school and other activities. These problems can include a range of emotional and social problems or learning difficulties.
|1: History and Educational Aims|
|History and Educational Aims||00:29:00|
|2: Cognitive Perspective of Learning & Information Processing|
|Cognitive Perspective of Learning & Information Processing||00:54:00|
|3: Knowledge Organization|
|4: Advance Creativity in a Learning Environment|
|Advance Creativity in a Learning Environment||00:11:00|
|5: Behavioural Theory|
|6: Applying the Premack Principle in the Classroom|
|Applying the Premack Principle in the Classroom||00:24:00|
|7: Child and Adolescent Development|
|Child and Adolescent Development||00:49:00|
|8: Social Constructivism and the Mediated Learning Experience|
|Social Constructivism and the Mediated Learning Experience||00:44:00|
|9: Moral & Prosocial Behaviour|
|Moral & Prosocial Behaviour||00:42:00|
|10: The Importance of Motivation in an Educational Environment|
|The Importance of Motivation in an Educational Environment||00:56:00|
|11: Using Intrinsic and Extrinsic Motivation to Enhance Learning|
|Using Intrinsic and Extrinsic Motivation to Enhance Learning||00:36:00|
|12: Teacher Expectations & Attributions|
|Teacher Expectations & Attributions||00:21:00|
|13: Methods of Measuring Intelligence|
|Methods of Measuring Intelligence||00:39:00|
|14: Educating Students with Special Needs|
|Educating Students with Special Needs||00:35:00|
|15: Emotional & Behavioural Disorders|
|Emotional & Behavioural Disorders||00:20:00|
|16: Advanced Cognitive Development|
|Advanced Cognitive Development||00:28:00|
|17: Forms of Assessment|
|Forms of Assessment||00:37:00|
|18: Performance Assessments|
|19: Standardized Tests in Education|
|Standardized Tests in Education||00:32:00|
|20: Instructional Strategies|
|21: Advance Organizers in the Classroom|
|Advance Organizers in the Classroom||00:34:00|
|22: Types of Research Design|
|Types of Research Design||00:51:00|
|23: Research Ethics in Educational Psychology|
|Research Ethics in Educational Psychology||00:10:00|
|Mock Exam: Diploma in Educational Psychology||00:25:00|
|Exam: Diploma in Educational Psychology||00:25:00|
No Reviews found for this course.