Would you like to gain a comprehensive understanding of the Equality Act 2010? Whatever the employment role you have within an organisation, all employees should know about the Equality Act. There should be Equality in all industries and sectors. Equality issues still persist and it is only with more knowledge on this issue that it can be resolved for future generations. The Equality Act was implemented on the 1st of October 2010 for all employers and employees who are under the obligation of the Act. The Act indicates that employers must take charge when circumstances are unequal and make the decision to implement change within the workplace. This forward-thinking process will enable there to be equality that employees are happy to comply with.
The Equality Act 2010 course discusses key topics such as introducing learners to the equality act, challenging discrimination and harassment, people’s rights in the workplace and creating and promoting equality policy.
The Equality Act 2010 course will give learners an in-depth understanding of the facts and figures of the Equality Act and how well it is implemented in the United Kingdom. The core objective of the course is to enable learners understand about equality issues and apply it in their everyday lives. It is about demonstrating respect and transparency within the workplace.
Why learn at Study 365?
With so many commitments in our lives, we may not have the time to learn new skills. The beauty of studying online is that you get to find this balance between your education and your daily commitments.
Study 365 offers hundreds of online courses to students across the world. Gaining new skills has never been this easy as many of our courses are open to students with little or no qualifications or previous experience. All the courses are up-to-date, relevant, affordable, and will build on existing expertise or give you a jump-start to a new career. The courses are meticulously designed and equals what is offered in a classroom setting. With a solid reputation that has established and made us made us one of the most trusted and reliable online course providers we offer the most convenient path to gain recognised skills and training that will give you the opportunity to put into practice your knowledge and expertise in your chosen career. You can learn at your own pace at Study 365 and you will be provided with all the necessary material, tutorials, qualified course instructor, narrated e-learning modules, interactive quizzes and free resources which include Free CV writing pack, free career support and course demo to make your learning experience enriching and more rewarding.
What will I learn?
- Gain a clear introduction to the Equality Act.
- Learn about the types and characteristics of discrimination within the workplace.
- Learn how the employer responds to the Equality Act and how it has an impact on the rest of the employees.
- Review equality within an organisation by creating a strategy.
- Learn how to implement equality within the workplace and let your employees work transparently.
- Learn about the historical contexts of the Act and how it can shape up the future generation.
- Be aware of equality and diversity and create a more tolerant workplace.
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Who is this Course aimed at?
- Employees of all levels
- Supervisors and Managers
- Anyone who wants to further advance their knowledge in equality within the workplace
- The course is suitable for all levels of employees and managers
- Anyone with an interest in the Equality Act
Method of Assessment
At the end of the Equality Act 2010 you will be evaluated through an online multiple choice exam. In order to complete this program successfully and gain your professional qualification.
Those who successfully complete the course will be awarded the Equality Act 2010 by the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health. It will make you valuable to employers, and your motivation at gaining new skills will be recognised.
CIEH (The Chartered Institute of Environmental Health) has been supporting professionals since 1883 and an awarding body for the environmental health sector. CIEH has been instrumental in developing several environmental standards in the public and health sectors contributing greatly to the overall wellbeing on a global scale. They set a high standard of improving public health and influencing policy. They provide educational opportunities and training for environmental health professionals working across the public and private sectors. It is with a vision to provide and support a healthier, cleaner and safer environment for all.
Progression and Career Path
Once you successfully complete the Equality Act 2010 you will gain an accredited qualification that will give your career the jumpstart you have always wanted. With this qualification you can further expand your education or go onto work in numerous positions that will also put you in line to demand a higher salary or job promotion. The average UK salary per annum is calculated according to https://www.payscale.com. The certification will enable employees in the capacity of Junior and Senior employees, including Supervisors and Managers to gain employment within the industry with the potential of advancing in their career.
- Project Manager – £38,184 per annum
- Operations Supervisor – £24,882 per annum
- Team Leader – £24,197 per annum
- Written and designed by the industry’s finest expert instructors with over 15 years of experience
- Repeat and rewind all your lectures and enjoy a personalised learning experience
- Gain access to quality video tutorials
- Unlimited 12 months access from anywhere, anytime
- Save time and money on travel
- Learn at your convenience and leisure
- Eligible for TOTUM discount card
- Free Career Support Service
- 25% Discount on personal Statement and covering letter writing service
- Free Access to Over 150 courses for 2 days (48 hours)
- Free access to course before you purchase (For selected courses only)
|1: Introduction to the Equality Act 2010|
|1.2 Legal obligations of employers||00:00:00|
|1.3 The meaning of equality||00:00:00|
|1.4 Who has a protected characteristic?||00:00:00|
|2: Challenging discrimination and harassment|
|2.2 Social changes||00:00:00|
|2.3 Causes of prejudice||00:00:00|
|2.4 Direct and indirect discrimination||00:00:00|
|2.5 Harassment and victimisation||00:00:00|
|2.6 Challenging stereotypes and prejudice||00:00:00|
|3: Your rights at work|
|3.4 Working hours||00:00:00|
|3.5 Time off and equality law||00:00:00|
|3.6 Pay and benefits||00:00:00|
|3.8 Disciplinary procedures||00:00:00|
|3.9 Employment tribunals||00:00:00|
|4: Creating equality policy|
|4.2 Writing an equality policy||00:00:00|
|4.3 Promoting the policy||00:00:00|
|4.4 Training the workforce||00:00:00|
|4.6 Managing equality complaints||00:00:00|
No Reviews found for this course.