Gestalt Therapy takes the focus off the therapist and puts it back on the client.
Gestalt Therapy was first introduced in the early 20th century and the 1960s and 70s saw widespread popularity in this form of therapy. It is existential and experiential psychotherapy that focuses on the experience of the client, their social context, their environment and relationships with an attempt to better understand how all these factors play a role in the present moment.
The Gestalt Therapy is what can be done in the present rather than focus on what could have been or what might be. It is an awareness practice also referred to as being mindful. The client becomes aware of what it is they are doing, take personal responsibility for their thoughts and actions and understand the triggers that set them off, which they in turn can shift or change.
The Gestalt Therapy Essentials course is comprehensive and fascinating for learners who enjoy discovering and exploring the human mind. The course helps learners focus on direct experience versus secondary interpretation. It is human psychotherapy where if the situation calls for it, the therapist and client can create a dialogical relationship where there is a safe space for the client to be present, engage in the dialogic process and surrender rather than control.
- Course Outline
- Learning Outcomes
- Why consider learning at Study 365?
- Course Benefits
- Course Duration
- Entry Requirements
- Method of Assessment
- Awarding Body
- Progression and Career Path
- Qualification Title: Certificate in Gestalt Therapy Essentials
- Qualification Type: Level 2 Certificate
- Accreditation Status: Accredited by CPD and iAP
- Course Duration: Self-paced (module availability: 365 days)
- Guided Learning Hours: 06
- Availability: International
- Learn how to apply Gestalt therapy in real-life circumstances
- Learn how to help clients identify their unmet needs and resolve them
- The ability to understand human emotion
- Help clients find true healing from their circumstances
- Make the therapeutic process more engaging and exciting
With so many commitments in our lives, we may not have the time to learn new skills. The beauty of studying online is that you get to find this balance between your education and your daily commitments
Study 365 offers hundreds of online courses to students across the world. Gaining new skills has never been this easy as many of our courses are open to students with little or no qualifications or previous experience. All the courses are up-to-date, relevant, affordable, and will build on existing expertise or give you a jump-start to a new career. The courses are meticulously designed and equals what is offered in a classroom setting. With a solid reputation that has established and made us made us one of the most trusted and reliable online course providers we offer the most convenient path to gain recognised skills and training that will give you the opportunity to put into practice your knowledge and expertise in your chosen career. You can learn at your own pace at Study 365 and you will be provided with all the necessary material, tutorials, qualified course instructor, narrated e-learning modules, interactive quizzes and free resources which include Free CV writing pack, free career support and course demo to make your learning experience enriching and more rewarding.
- Written and designed by the industry’s finest expert instructors with over 15 years experience
- Repeat and rewind all your lectures and enjoy a personalised learning experience
- Gain access to quality video tutorials
- Unlimited 12 months access from anywhere, anytime
- Support by email, phone and live chat
- Save time and money on travel
- Learn at your convenience and leisure
- Quizzes, tests mock exams, practice exams to ensure you are 100% ready
- Eligible for TOTUM discount card
You have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at anytime.
- You must be over the age of 16 and have a basic understanding of Maths, English and ICT
- The course is for learners who have an interest in human psychology
- Individuals who have basic background in psychotherapy will find this course highly useful
- The course is also suitable for therapists and psychoanalysts who want to expand their skills and knowledge in Gestalt therapy
At the end of the course you will be required to take a multiple choice question assessment test. The multiple choice question assessment will be automatically marked with learners receiving an instant grade.
Those who successfully complete the exam will be awarded a certificate in Gestalt Therapy Essentials.
The Gestalt Therapy certification will be awarded by CPD & iAP. This internationally recognised qualification will make your CV standout and encourage employers to see your motivation at expanding your skills and knowledge in a field you are passionate about.
Once you successfully complete Gestalt Therapy you will be qualified to work in the following positions. The qualification will also put you in line to demand a higher salary or job promotion. The average UK salary per annum according to https://www.payscale.com/career-path-planner is given below.
- Mental Health Therapist
|Gestalt Therapy: Promo||00:00:00|
|About the Instructor||00:00:00|
|About the Course||00:00:00|
|What is Psychotherapy?||00:00:00|
|2: Introduction to Gestalt Therapy|
|What is Gestalt Therapy||00:00:00|
|The Origins of this Approach||00:00:00|
|Psychoanalysis & Gestalt||00:00:00|
|Forms of Therapy||00:00:00|
|Therapeutic Relationship in the Gestalt Therapy||00:00:00|
|3: Philosophy and Principles|
|The “Self” in Gestalt Therapy||00:00:00|
|Gestalt “Present” Awareness||00:00:00|
|The Concept of “Respect”||00:00:00|
|4: The Essence &Principles|
|Field Theoretical Strategies||00:00:00|
|The Theory of Change||00:00:00|
|5: Gestalt Therapy Techniques|
|Exercise and Experiments||00:00:00|
|The Empty Chair Technique||00:00:00|
|Exaggeration & Repetition||00:00:00|
|Guided Imagery & Fantasy||00:00:00|
|Working With “Unfinished Business||00:00:00|
|6: Forms & Methods of Therapy|
|Working with Couples||00:00:00|
|Working with Groups||00:00:00|
|Critique & Limitations||00:00:00|
|Thank you & Good Bye!||00:00:00|
|Dream Work in Gestalt|
|Gestalt “Present” Awareness|
|The Empty Chair Technique|
|Theory of Change|
|What is Gestalt Therapy|
|Mock Exam : Gestalt Therapy Essentials||00:40:00|
|Exam : Gestalt Therapy Essentials||00:40:00|
|Certificate Download Guide|
|Certificate Download Guide||00:00:00|
No Reviews found for this course.