Risks and hazards can exist in the workplace and it is the duty of the employer and employees to ensure that their health and safety are not compromised. The workplace must remain hazard-free and this is what the Health and Safety – Level 1 course focuses on. The course is designed to provide individuals with a clear understanding of the risks and hazards within a workplace and how to counter these risks. First and foremost, your workplace must implement safety measures. Learners will gain a clear understanding of the basic principles of health and safety and how to apply them within their organisation.
The Health and Safety – Level 1 is a comprehensive course that will give workplace hazards, workplace conditions and workplace procedures. Learn about occupational health, how to report hazards and how to respond to health and safety issues. Learn the basic skills on how to monitor a workplace and keep the environment safe. This is the perfect course for learners to receive formal training on health and safety within an organisation.
The Health and Safety – Level 1 course will give learners an understanding of why health and safety matters within the workplace. There are many elements that must come together to contribute towards this safety including employer’s duties, safety procedures and risks faced by employees. The core objective for any organisation is to apply workplace safety procedures and control measures to guarantee the wellbeing of the employees.
Why learn at Study 365?
With so many commitments in our lives, we may not have the time to learn new skills. The beauty of studying online is that you get to find this balance between your education and your daily commitments.
Study 365 offers hundreds of online courses to students across the world. Gaining new skills has never been this easy as many of our courses are open to students with little or no qualifications and previous experience. All the courses are up-to-date, relevant, affordable, and will build on existing expertise or give you a jump-start to a new career. The courses are meticulously designed and equals what is offered in a classroom setting. With a solid reputation that has established and made us made us one of the most trusted and reliable online course providers we offer the most convenient path to gain recognised skills and training that will give you the opportunity to put into practice your knowledge and expertise in your chosen career. You can learn at your own pace at Study 365 and you will be provided with all the necessary material, tutorials, qualified course instructor, narrated e-learning modules, interactive quizzes and free resources which include Free CV writing pack, free career support and course demo to make your learning experience enriching and more rewarding.
What will I learn?
- Gain a clear understanding health and safety within the workplace and learn the best terminology used in such circumstances.
- Have a clear understanding of the roles employer and employees play in workplace health and safety.
- Create awareness of the risks and hazards and adopt control measures to keep employees safe.
- Learn about personal protective equipment, understand first aid provisions and learn about fire safety principles.
- Learn why reporting on health and safety incidents are paramount to the overall wellbeing of the organisation.
- Understand the legal responsibilities pertaining to workplace health and safety.
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Who is this Course aimed at?
- All employees of all levels
- New employees who are taking the health and safety induction training
- The course is suitable for all levels of employees and managers
- Anyone with an interest in fire safety awareness
Method of Assessment
At the end of the Health and Safety – Level 1 you will be evaluated through an online multiple choice exam. In order to complete this program successfully and gain your professional qualification.
Those who successfully complete the course will be awarded the Level 1 Certificate in Health and Safety by the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health. It will make you valuable to employers, and your motivation at gaining new skills will be recognised.
CIEH (The Chartered Institute of Environmental Health) has been supporting professionals since 1883 and an awarding body for the environmental health sector. CIEH has been instrumental in developing several environmental standards in the public and health sectors contributing greatly to the overall wellbeing on a global scale. They set a high standard of improving public health and influencing policy. They provide educational opportunities and training for environmental health professionals working across the public and private sectors. It is with a vision to provide and support a healthier, cleaner and safer environment for all.
Progression and Career Path
Once you successfully complete the Health and Safety – Level 1 you will gain an accredited qualification that will give your career the jumpstart you have always wanted. With this qualification you can further expand your education or go onto work in numerous positions that will also put you in line to demand a higher salary or job promotion. The average UK salary per annum is calculated according to https://www.payscale.com. The certification will enable employees in the capacity of Junior and Senior workers, including Supervisors and Managers to gain high earning positions within the industry.
- Project Manager – £38,184 per annum
- Operations Supervisor – £24,882 per annum
- Team Leader – £24,197 per annum
- Written and designed by the industry’s finest expert instructors with over 15 years of experience
- Repeat and rewind all your lectures and enjoy a personalised learning experience
- Gain access to quality video tutorials
- Unlimited 12 months access from anywhere, anytime
- Save time and money on travel
- Learn at your convenience and leisure
- Eligible for a NUS discount card
- Free Career Support Service
- 25% Discount on personal Statement and covering letter writing service
- Free Access to Over 150 courses for 2 days (48 hours)
- Free access to course before you purchase (For selected courses only)
|1.3 Responding to health and safety issues||00:00:00|
|1.4 Workplace accidents and ill health||00:00:00|
|1.5 Legal responsibilities||00:00:00|
|2: Workplace hazards|
|2.2 Keeping safe at work||00:00:00|
|2.3 Hazardous substances||00:00:00|
|2.4 Machinery and equipment||00:00:00|
|2.5 Fire safety||00:00:00|
|2.6 Your welfare||00:00:00|
|3: Workplace conditions|
|3.2 Your workplace conditions||00:00:00|
|3.3 Access and exit routes||00:00:00|
|3.4 Work-related ill health||00:00:00|
|3.5 Safety signs||00:00:00|
|4: Workplace procedures|
|4.2 Reporting hazards||00:00:00|
|4.3 Occupational health||00:00:00|
|4.4 First aid||00:00:00|
|4.5 Personal protective equipment||00:00:00|
|4.6 Personal hygiene||00:00:00|
No Reviews found for this course.