New allergen rules were introduced in December 2014. Under the new rules, suppliers are instructed to display allergen information on non-packed and pre-packed foods for direct sale. If learners want to develop an understanding of allergies and their causes Serving the Allergic and Food Intolerant Customer course is a perfect choice of course. Gain comprehensive knowledge on allergies and its impact on food labels.
Serving the Allergic and Food Intolerant Customer course will discuss key topics such as allergy awareness, understanding pre-packed food labels and serving non-packed food. The course covers legislations and understanding of food labels with an ingredients list, warnings on packed food and how to prepare and serve non-packed food.
If you work in employment roles that serve food and drinks to customers, Serving the Allergic and Food Intolerant Customer course is will be highly valuable. The course will give learners a thorough understanding of how allergens can affect people unless precautionary measures such as allergen information has been displayed at every instance.
Why learn at Study 365?
With so many commitments in our lives, we may not have the time to learn new skills. The beauty of studying online is that you get to find this balance between your education and your daily commitments.
Study 365 offers hundreds of online courses to students across the world. Gaining new skills has never been this easy as many of our courses are open to students with little or no qualifications or previous experience. All the courses are up-to-date, relevant, affordable, and will build on existing expertise or give you a jump-start to a new career. The courses are meticulously designed and equals what is offered in a classroom setting. With a solid reputation that has established and made us made us one of the most trusted and reliable online course providers we offer the most convenient path to gain recognised skills and training that will give you the opportunity to put into practice your knowledge and expertise in your chosen career. You can learn at your own pace at Study 365 and you will be provided with all the necessary material, tutorials, qualified course instructor, narrated e-learning modules, interactive quizzes and free resources which include Free CV writing pack, free career support and course demo to make your learning experience enriching and more rewarding.
What will I learn?
- Learn about allergens and their impact on customers.
- Understand how to define an allergy and allergens.
- Learn how to identify common allergies and their causes.
- Have a thorough understanding of the physical symptoms of allergens.
- Learn how the new allergen rules will benefit consumers.
- Have an understanding of how non-packed and pre-packed foods are labelled?
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Who is this Course aimed at?
- Employees, workers
- Anyone who wants to further advance their knowledge in allergens and allergies and food intolerant customers
- The course is suitable for all levels of employees and managers who serve customers
- Anyone with an interest in food intolerance
- Individuals working in the food service industry
Method of Assessment
At the end of the Serving the Allergic and Food Intolerant Customer you will be evaluated through an online multiple choice exam. In order to complete this program successfully and gain your professional qualification.
Those who successfully complete the course will be awarded the Serving the Allergic and Food Intolerant Customer by the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health. It will make you valuable to employers, and your motivation at gaining new skills will be recognised.
CIEH (The Chartered Institute of Environmental Health) has been supporting professionals since 1883 and an awarding body for the environmental health sector. CIEH has been instrumental in developing several environmental standards in the public and health sectors contributing greatly to the overall wellbeing on a global scale. They set a high standard of improving public health and influencing policy. They provide educational opportunities and training for environmental health professionals working across the public and private sectors. It is with a vision to provide and support a healthier, cleaner and safer environment for all.
Progression and Career Path
Once you successfully complete the Serving the Allergic and Food Intolerant Customer you will gain an accredited qualification that will give your career the jumpstart you have always wanted. With this qualification you can further expand your education or go onto work in numerous positions that will also put you in line to demand a higher salary or job promotion. The average UK salary per annum is calculated according to https://www.payscale.com. The certification will enable employees in the capacity of Junior and Senior workers, Supervisors and Managers who serve customers to gain employment with high earning potential.
- Project Manager – £38,184 per annum
- Operations Supervisor – £24,882 per annum
- Team Leader – £24,197 per annum
- Written and designed by the industry’s finest expert instructors with over 15 years of experience
- Repeat and rewind all your lectures and enjoy a personalised learning experience
- Gain access to quality video tutorials
- Unlimited 12 months access from anywhere, anytime
- Save time and money on travel
- Learn at your convenience and leisure
- Eligible for a NUS discount card
- Free Career Support Service
- 25% Discount on personal Statement and covering letter writing service
- Free Access to Over 150 courses for 2 days (48 hours)
- Free access to course before you purchase (For selected courses only)
|1: Allergy awareness|
|1.2 Food allergies and intolerance||00:00:00|
|1.4 Regulated allergens||00:00:00|
|1.5 Benefits of allergy awareness||00:00:00|
|2: Understanding pre-packed food labels|
|2.2 Old and new labels||00:00:00|
|2.3 Allergy advice statements “Free from…” foods||00:00:00|
|2.4 Allergy alerts||00:00:00|
|3: Serving non packed food|
|3.2 Providing allergen information||00:00:00|
|3.3 Creating an ingredients list||00:00:00|
|3.4 Avoiding cross contamination||00:00:00|
|3.5 Serving customers with food allergies||00:00:00|
|3.6 Dealing with an allergic reaction||00:00:00|
No Reviews found for this course.