Qualification Title: Certificate in Acupressure for Psychiatric Disorders & Epileptic Conditions
Qualification Type: Level 2 Certificate
Accreditation Status: Accredited by CPD and iAP
Course Duration: self-paced (module availability: 365 days)
Guided Learning Hours: 01
Want to have skills that could earn you the skills of saving lives? Learn to treat life-threatening psychiatric and physical disorders with Acupressure.
Sometimes we might get into situations where we feel helpless because we want to ease someone’s pain but we just don’t know how to do that. With acupressure, however, one can learn to cure or calm any kinds of psychiatric disorders or physical conditions that, in some cases, could even be fatal. If someone near you fainted or collapsed from exhaustion or had a stroke, you can use a specific point to immediately activate the nervous system. This point also helps in clearing congestion and irritation in the nose due to hay fever. It also relieves breathing difficulties caused by allergies. Sneezing, runny nose, sinus problems and dizziness can be improved by pressing this point. The point is also helpful in improving concentration and reducing food cravings. Could you have imagined that one pressure point in our body could do so much?
This course has been specially designed for students of all levels to help them to learn Acupressure treatment that helps manage physical, mental and emotional health. It starts with an introduction of acupressure to relieve physical pains and fatigues. Moreover, it also stresses on acupressure techniques that can help in solving emotional issues: bad moods and emotional traumas. It would also introduce learners to the use of acupressure to maintain an appropriate mental health –fixing confused, forgetful behaviours, etc.
We at Study365 aim to provide our learners with top-notch faculty on their own convenience not bound by time or place. While our online learning modules are accessible at all times from anywhere in the world, we understand students’ need for help and support during the learning process and therefore, we facilitate you with one of our tutors to help you through. All information, coursework and module development is professionally created and always kept up-to-date. Upon sign up, each student will receive a 47-page course manual plus 13 beautifully illustrated downloadable treatment charts showing point location and benefits.
During this course, you will learn:
- The top 13 acupressure points in the human body that solve psychiatric disorders and epileptic conditions
- Reasons for mental psychiatric disorders and epilepsy.
- Pressure point and its treatment to activate the nervous system
- Solving issues such as inflammation of the throat, sore, swollen or painful throat, acute tonsillitis, laryngitis or pharyngitis, goitre and inflammation of the eyes.
- Pacifying the heart, calm the mind and restore consciousness in cases of fainting or coma.
- The point that can be used to stop bleeding anywhere in the body, can also be used for dizziness, vertigo, fainting, loss of consciousness, depression and insomnia
- Rebalancing the entire spleen meridian pathway and any physical symptoms associated with the spleen
- Defusing any feelings of anxiety, envy or disapproval in the system
- Boosting self confidence and helping someone to be more considerate of their true feelings
- Treating disorders of the region including facial paralysis, deviation of the mouth, facial pain, trigeminal neuralgia, swelling of the face and disorders of the gums, salivary glands and teeth
- Reducing nasal obstruction or discharge, rhinitis, sinusitis, loss of sense of smell, headache, dizziness, diminishing vision, eye pain and swelling or redness of the face
- Relieving all types of fever, pain and stiffness of the shoulder, tennis elbow, aching body, headache, earache, toothache, goiter, cough, asthma, upper respiratory tract infections or allergies, abdominal distension and pain, nausea, vomiting, jaundice, hepatitis, liver diseases, diarrhea, gastroenteritis, urinary tract infections and more
Who is this course for?
Anyone who has a passion for health and social help can be an ideal candidate. If you are looking for a career opportunity that could also help you feel healthy, refreshed and stress-free while you work, this course might suit you best. It may help you develop a career path toward:
- Assistant to health care professionals
- Independent acupressure practitioner
- Health advisory roles
- Mental health counsellor
The course could also add-on as a plus point to your skills if you are a qualified nurse or have any other role in health care.
Learners must be age 16 or over and should have a basic understanding of the English Language, numeracy, literacy, and ICT.
There will be an assessment at the end of the course. It would be an online test in form of MCQs, the results of which would be revealed immediately after test completion.
Successful candidates will be awarded a CPD accredited Certificate in Acupressure for Psychiatric Disorders & Epileptic Conditions.
The course provides successful career paths into health and fitness sectors. On average, a therapist can earn up to £22 per hour (indeed.co.uk), depending on one’s skill and experience. Moreover, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labour Statistics, the annual salary of a therapist is around $36000. On average, a Chinese medicine practitioner can expect to earn a minimum of £12000 in the UK (gov.uk). A Chinese medicine practitioner could earn between $31000 to $122000 in the U.S., depending on his/her skills and experience. Learners may be able to take up jobs such as:
- Assistant to experienced professionals (Orthopaedics, Neurologists, Psychologists, Physical Therapists)
- Health expert
- Independent acupressure therapist
- Physical therapist
- Mental health counsellor
- Acupressure instructor
About the Instructor
Annette Reilly has specialized in Neuroenergetic Kinesiology (NEK), having a great deal of knowledge in subjects like Chemistry, Biochemistry & Nutrition, Pathophysiology and Pharmacology, Biology, Anatomy & Physiology, to name but a few. She served the role of Principal of The College of Neuroenergetic Kinesiology for a period of 5 years in Ireland. Later, she also served as the chairperson of The Kinesiology Association of Ireland. Her keen interest in acupressure, nutrition and traditional Chinese medicine helped her write quite a few courses on the respective subjects for which, she has received recognition by the International Institute for Complementary Therapists (IICT).
|2: What is Acupressure?|
|What is Acupressure?||00:00:00|
|How to apply Pressure to Acupressure Points||00:00:00|
|Key points to remember||00:00:00|
|3: What are Meridians?|
|What are Meridians?||00:00:00|
|The Role of the Meridians||00:00:00|
|The meridian Clock||00:00:00|
|Key points to remember||00:00:00|
|Essentials before Getting Started||00:00:00|
|4: Treatment Protocol - Psychiatric Disorders & Epileptic Conditions|
|How to begin and end an acupressure Treatment||00:00:00|
|Point 1 – (Ghost Palace) – GV26||00:00:00|
|Point 2 – (Ghost Faith) – Lu11||00:00:00|
|Point 3 – (Ghost Fortress) – SP1||00:00:00|
|Point 4 – (Ghost Heart) – Pc7||00:00:00|
|Point 5 – (Ghost path) – BL62||00:00:00|
|Point 6 – (Ghost Pillow) – GV16||00:00:00|
|Point 7 – (Ghost Bed) – St6||00:00:00|
|Point 8 – (Ghost Market) – CV24||00:00:00|
|Point 9 – (Ghost Cave) – Pc8||00:00:00|
|Point 10 – (Ghost Hall) – GV23||00:00:00|
|Point 11 – (Ghost Store) CV1||00:00:00|
|Point 12 – (Ghost Leg) – LI11||00:00:00|
|Point 13 – (Ghost Seal) – M-HN-37 (Haiquan)||00:00:00|
|5: Benefits of Acupressure|
|Benefits of Acupressure 01||00:00:00|
|Benefits of Acupressure 02||00:00:00|
|Benefits of Acupressure 03||00:00:00|
|6: Bonus Material|
No Reviews found for this course.