If you wish to expand your knowledge on solar energy, the Complete Solar Energy Course is designed to teach you everything you need to know about solar energy. The course contains a wealth of information on the fundamentals of solar energy, on-grid and off-grid, different solar inverters, shading effect in PV systems, and selection of batteries in solar systems.
The Complete Solar Energy Course will demonstrate how the solar energy system works, how to select components including solar panels, inverters, batteries and charge controllers and how to design an earthing system. Key modules are fully explored in this course ensuring learners gain a complete understanding of the subject.
The Complete Solar Energy Course will begin at the fundamentals and equip learners with the relevant knowledge on the overview of different solar energy systems. It is a comprehensive training that offers unique insights on how to be successful both academically and professionally. There is an ever-increasing need for qualified individuals who wish to advance to the next stage of their career! This is a CPD certified course that will demonstrate to leading employers you are continually developing yourself, and will make you a desirable candidate across leading industries.
Why You Should Consider Taking this Course at Study365?
Study365 is a leading online provider for several accrediting bodies, and provides learners the opportunity to take this exclusive CPD course. At Study365, we give our fullest attention to our learners’ needs and ensure they have the necessary information required to proceed with the training.
Learners who register will be given excellent learning support, discounts for future purchases and be eligible for a TOTUM Discount card and Student ID card with amazing offers and access to retail stores, the library, cinemas, gym memberships and their favourite restaurants.
- About the Tutor
- Learning Outcomes
- Who is this Course for?
- Entry Requirements
- Method of Assessment
- Awarding Body
- Career Path & Progression
Ahmed Mahdy is an Electrical Power Engineer and the founder of Khadija Academy in 2019. He’s from Cairo, Egypt and is an online instructor for 9 years. He offers electrical engineering courses and regularly posts YouTube videos on electrical engineering. Ahmed has authored 6 books on electrical engineering and has taught close to 40,000 students living in 170 countries. The purpose of his Academy is to teach the fundamentals of electrical engineering from fundamentals to advance levels. He is a highly recognised and successful instructor and often receives 5-star reviews from his students. He has an engaging teaching style and will walk students step by step through complex information.
- Learn how PV cells work
- Advantages and disadvantages of PV cells
- Learn the different types of solar cells
- Learn about different solar inverters
- Selection of solar modules
This course is recommended for,
- Electrical power engineers
- Electrical students
- Anyone interested in learning about solar
- Learners should be over the age of 16, and have a basic understanding of English, ICT and numeracy.
- A sound educational background is recommended
- In order to pass the ‘Complete Solar Energy Course,’ learners will complete an online quiz which will be immediately marked with learners knowing right away whether they’ve passed the test.
- Upon the successful completion, you will be awarded the Certificate for ‘Complete Solar Energy Course’ by CPD.
- CPD is a leading awarding body in the United Kingdom that meets an excellent standard of high quality education. CPD is committed towards the enhancement of proficiency and personal skills in order to develop learners’ skills and abilities. CPD ensures that both practical and academic qualifications assist individuals to re-skill or up-skill and maintain a competitive advantage in their chosen industry.
- The Certificate for Complete Solar Energy Course will improve your candidature for a number of jobs in the electrical and power engineering sectors. You can study further related courses that will open the door to new and exciting opportunities and enhance your expertise in this subject, and add this as a skillset on your resume. Your skills will be recognised by leading employers and top organisations, and for electrical engineering and power engineering students who wish to pursue this field, this certificate will prove to be highly effective.
|Basics Of Solar Energy System|
|1.1. Lesson 1: introduction to pv system construction|
|1.2. Lesson 2: solar heating, solar irradiation and panels|
|1.3. Lesson 3: effect of insolation and temperature on v-i curve|
|1.4. Lesson 4: pv installation, short circuit and open circuit tests using avometer|
|1.5. Lesson 5: solar wires and cables installation process|
|1.6. Lesson 6: mounting of pv system|
|1.7. Lesson 7: shading and tilt angle in solar energy|
|1.8. Lesson 8: half cut cell technology in pv system for solar engineering|
|1.9. Lesson 9: importance of charge controller in solar energy system|
|1.10. Lesson 10: pwm and mppt charge controllers|
|1.11. Lesson 11: understanding more about mppt solar charge controller for solar energy course|
|1.12. Lesson 12: junction box in solar energy system|
|1.13. Lesson 13: wiring of junction box in solar energy system|
|1.14. Lesson 14: function, types and data sheet of inverter|
|1.15. Lesson 15: determining pv array maximum system voltage|
|Batteries In PV System|
|2.1. Lesson 1: construction and types of batteries in solar energy system|
|2.2. Lesson 2: charging of lead acid batteries and hydrometer in solar energy system|
|2.3. Lesson 3: maintenance of batteries and methods of charging in solar energy system|
|2.4. Lesson 4: cycle of batteries|
|Components And Design Of Off Grid Solar Energy System|
|3.1. Lesson 1: off-grid solar system.|
|3.2. Lesson 2: advantages of off-grid solar system.|
|3.3. Lesson 3: equipment of off-grid solar system|
|3.4. Lesson 4: selection and datasheet of the panel|
|3.5. Lesson 5: inverter selection|
|3.6. Lesson 6: example 1 on designing off grid system|
|3.7. Lesson 7: determine power consumption demands|
|3.8. Lesson 8: size the pv modules|
|3.9. Lesson 9: inverter sizing|
|3.10. Lesson 10: battery sizing|
|3.11. Lesson 11: solar charge controller sizing|
|3.12. Lesson 12: mppt charge controller sizing|
|3.13. Lesson 13: example 2 design of an off grid system|
|Designing Of On Grid Solar Energy System|
|4.1. Lesson 1: grid-tied solar system|
|4.2. Lesson 2: advantages of grid-tied solar system|
|4.3. Lesson 3: equipment of grid-tied solar system.|
|4.4. Lesson 4: example design of an on grid system|
|4.5. Lesson 5: pv energy according to area|
|Design of PV System Using PVSyst Program|
|5.1. Lesson 1: design of an off grid solar energy system using pvsyst program.|
|5.2. Lesson 2: design of an on grid solar energy system using pvsyst program.|
|5.3. Lesson 3: mega pv system design using pvsyst program for solar energy|
|Solar Water Pumping System|
|6.1. Lesson 1: introduction to water pumping system and steps of design|
|6.2. Lesson 2: solved example on solar pumping system design|
|Protection Of PV System|
|7.1. Lesson 1: introduction to protection of pv system|
|7.2. Lesson 2: selection of fuses and protection of string|
|7.3. Lesson 3: protection of arrays|
|7.4. Lesson 4: protection of inverter|
|7.5. Lesson 5: protection of transformer|
|7.6. Lesson 6: surge protection device|
|7.7. Lesson 7: grounding of pv system|
|7.8. Lesson 8: types of busbars in pv system and selection of busbars|
|Design Using Excel Sheet|
|8.1. Design of off grid pv system using excel sheet|
|Single Line Diagram Of PV System|
|9.1. Single line diagram of pv system and selection of fuses and breakers|
|MALTAB and ETAP PV Simulation|
|10.1. Lesson 1: simulation of pv cell in matlab and obtaining v-i characteristics|
|10.2. Lesson 2: get a complete grid connected pv solar energy system in matlab simulink for electrical engineering|
|10.3. Lesson 3: pv system simulation using etap lesson (14) for power system engineering courses|