By gaining a recognised qualification through a leading UK training provider such as Study 365, you can learn valuable nutritional principles and make your CV stand out from the crowd.
There’s no need to make vegetables an afterthought when cooking any longer. With the widespread appeal of farm-to-table produce and renowned chefs using seasonal produce and creative cooking techniques to set their menus apart, vegetables have officially become a food that society wants more of.
With this course, you’ll gain professional insight and learn techniques on how to expertly cook complex and versatile vegetables such as squash, cauliflower, root vegetables, potatoes and other tubers, in ways that enhance their flavours whilst maintaining their high nutritional values. There are more than 20 vegetable cooking recipes containing step-by-step demonstrations of delicious main dishes, sides, soups, stews, and even desserts and cocktails.
Understanding how to expertly cook a wide range of interesting and appealing vegetables can be confusing or daunting but our course provides you with all the information you require to become a Gourmet Vegetable Chef.
- What Will I Learn?
- Course Objectives
- Who is this course aimed at?
- Entry requirements
- Method of assessment
- Progression and career path
- Other Benefits
- Learn valuable principles on nutrition
- Learn different techniques on how to expertly cook complex and versatile vegetables
- Learn the best method to store various produce
- Gain professional insight on cooking over 20 vegetable recipes comprising step-by-step demonstrations
- Understand how to select good vegetables in the store or at the market
- Gain skills needed to prepare and cook these vegetables commendably at home or in a catering kitchen
- How to choose vegetables in the store or farmer’s market
- How to correctly store various produce
- How to prepare and cook them effectively at home or in a catering kitchen
- Those looking to improve their knowledge of cooking with vegetables
- Professionals within the catering industry
- There is no experience or previous qualifications required for enrolment on this course. It is available to all students, of all academic backgrounds.
- Learners should be ages 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- Basic understanding of English language, literacy, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
At the end of the course learners will take an online multiple choice question assessment test. This online multiple choice question test is marked automatically so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
Successful candidates will be awarded a certificate in Certificate in Healthy Cooking with Vegetables.
This course will help improve your eligibility for a scope of job roles across many industries. This course can also help you with your career progression goals by putting you in line to demand for salary increments or job promotions from your employer. Given as follows are some of the job roles this course will benefit you in, along with the average UK salary per annum according to https://www.payscale.com/career-path-planner,
- Chef – £16,631 per annum
- Dietitian – £25,782 per annum
- Nutritionist – £23,457 per annum
- High quality e-learning study materials and mock exams
- Tutorials/materials from the industry leading experts
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal
- Benefit of applying TOTUM Discount Card
- Recognised Accredited Qualification
- Excellent customer service and administrative support
|E Certificate Download Guide||00:00:00|
|1. Identify Colorful Carrots|
|Identify Colorful Carrots||00:00:00|
|2. Guide to Summer and Winter Squashes|
|Guide to Summer Squashes||00:00:00|
|Guide to Winter Squashes||00:00:00|
|3. Artichokes and Inflorescents Cauliflower|
|Artichokes and Inflorescents Cauliflower||00:00:00|
|4. Coocking Marvelous Mushrooms and Salad|
|Coocking Marvelous Mushrooms||00:00:00|
|Types of Lettuce and Salad Greens||00:00:00|
|5. Learn about Field and Cooking Greens|
|Learn about Field and Cooking Greens||00:00:00|
|6. Celery Root and Parsnips Root Vegetables|
|Celery Root and Parsnips Root Vegetables||00:00:00|
|7. All About Alliums Onions and Garlic|
|All about Alliums Onions and Garlic||00:00:00|
|8. Why Fruits Masquerading as Vegetables?|
|Why Fruits Masquerading as Vegetables?||00:00:00|
|9. What are Bulb Vegetables Fennel and Celery?|
|What are Bulb Vegetables Fennel and Celery?||00:00:00|
|10. Turnips and Brassicas Brussels Sprouts|
|Turnips and Brassicas Brussels Sprouts||00:00:00|
|11. Identify Potatoes and Other Tubers|
|Identify Potatoes and Other Tubers||00:00:00|
|12. Stems and Stalks/ Asparagus and Rhubarb|
|Stems and Stalks/ Asparagus and Rhubarb||00:00:00|
|13. Know Your Cabbages! Red, Green and Savoy|
|Know your Cabbages! Red, Green and Savoy||00:00:00|
|14. What are Beets and Beet Greens?|
|What are Beets and Beet Greens?||00:00:00|
|15. Identifying Italian, Chinese and Japanese Eggplant|
|Identifying Italian, Chinese and Japanese Eggplant||00:00:00|
|16. Learn About Amazing Avocado|
|Learn about Amazing Avocado||00:00:00|
|Corn Salads to Dessert||00:00:00|
|17. About Chili Peppers and Peas|
|About Chili Peppers||00:00:00|
|About Peas and Pods||00:00:00|
|18. Planned-Overs or Leftovers|
|Planned-Overs or Leftovers||00:00:00|
|19. Identifying Exotic Vegetables|
|Identifying Exotic Vegetables||00:00:00|
|20. Learn Herbs and Blossoms for an Elegant Dinner|
|Learn Herbs and Blossoms for an Elegant Dinner||00:00:00|
|Mock Exam: Healthy Cooking with Vegetables||00:40:00|
|Final Exam: Healthy Cooking with Vegetables||00:40:00|
No Reviews found for this course.