If you wish to learn about power systems, here’s an excellent course for you. Basics of Electrical Substations for Electrical Engineering will explore the voltage, functions and classifications of electrical substations. The course will discuss power transformers, insulators, conductors, switch gears and voltage transformers. There will be a focus on circuit breaker and fuse, and air and gas insulated substations. It is a thorough course on different electrical generators, types of electrical power plants and the operation of each of these power plants and the differences between generating power plants.
The Basics of Electrical Substations for Electrical Engineering demonstrates how to design an electrical substation. You will learn the importance of the main unit in a power system. There are key modules explored in this course to ensure the learner gains a complete understanding of the subject.
Basics of electrical Substations for Electrical Engineering will begin at the fundamentals and equip learners with the relevant skills on the overview of an electrical substation. It is a comprehensive training that offers unique insights on how to be successful both academically and professionally. There is an ever-increasing need for qualified individuals who wish to advance to the next stage of their career! This is a CPD certified course that will demonstrate to leading employers you are continually developing yourself, and will make you a desirable candidate across electrical and power engineering industries.
Why You Should Consider Taking this Course at Study365?
Study365 is a leading online provider for several accrediting bodies, and provides learners the opportunity to take this exclusive CPD course. At Study365, we give our fullest attention to our learners’ needs and ensure they have the necessary information required to proceed with the training.
Learners who register will be given excellent learning support, discounts for future purchases and be eligible for a TOTUM Discount card and Student ID card with amazing offers and access to retail stores, the library, cinemas, gym memberships and their favourite restaurants.
- About the Tutor
- Learning Outcomes
- Who is this Course for?
- Entry Requirements
- Method of Assessment
- Awarding Body
- Career Path & Progression
Ahmed Mahdy is an Electrical Power Engineer and the founder of Khadija Academy in 2019. He’s from Cairo, Egypt and is an online instructor for 9 years. He offers electrical engineering courses and regularly posts YouTube videos on electrical engineering. Ahmed has authored 6 books on electrical engineering and has taught close to 40,000 students living in 170 countries. The purpose of his Academy is to teach the fundamentals of electrical engineering from fundamentals to advance levels. He is a highly recognised and successful instructor and often receives 5-star reviews from his students. He has an engaging teaching style and will walk students step by step through complex information.
- Understand the purpose of electrical substations
- Learn the difference between circuit breaker and fuse
- Learn about different types of switches
- Understand the importance of electricity
- Learn about protection of transmission system
This course is recommended for,
- Anyone who wants to learn about electrical engineering power systems
- Individuals who wish to learn about high voltage in electrical systems
- Anyone who wants to learn about Electrical Generating Power Stations
- Learners should be over the age of 16, and have a basic understanding of English, ICT and numeracy.
- A sound educational background is recommended
- In order to pass the course ‘Basics of Electrical Substations for Electrical Engineering’, learners will complete an online quiz which will be immediately marked, with learners knowing right away whether they’ve passed the test.
- Upon the successful completion, you will be awarded the Certificate for ‘Basics of Electrical Substations for Electrical Engineering’ by CPD.
- CPD is a leading awarding body in the United Kingdom that meets an excellent standard of high quality education. CPD is committed towards the enhancement of proficiency and personal skills in order to develop learners’ skills and abilities. CPD ensures that both practical and academic qualifications assist individuals to re-skill or up-skill and maintain a competitive advantage in their chosen industry.
- The Certificate for Basics of Electrical Substations for Electrical Engineering will improve your candidature for a number of jobs in the electrical and engineering sectors. You can study further related courses that will open the door to new and exciting opportunities and enhance your expertise in this subject, and add this as a skillset on your resume. Your skills will be recognised by leading employers and top organisations, and for engineering students who wish to pursue this field, this certificate will prove to be highly effective.
|Section 1: Basics of Electrical Substations|
|1.1 Lesson 1: Introduction To Electrical Substation||00:06:00|
|1.2 Lesson 2: Construction of Electrical Substation and Electrical Transformers||00:09:00|
|1.3 Lesson 3: Instrument Transformers and Principle of Operation of Trip Circuit||00:13:00|
|1.4 Lesson 4: Types Of Circuit Breakers And Fuses||00:23:00|
|1.5 Lesson 5: Types of Relays According to Function, Construction and Time Characteristics||00:06:00|
|1.6 Lesson 6: Definition of Busbar and Its Schemes||00:17:00|
|1.7 Lesson 7: Construction of Underground Cables||00:10:00|
|1.8 Lesson 8: Construction of Over Head Transmission Lines||00:15:00|
|1.9 Lesson 9: Comparison between Underground Cables and Overhead Transmission Lines||00:05:00|
|1.10. Lesson 10: Types of Switches In Power System and Substations||00:08:00|
|1.11 Lesson 11: Importance of Capacitor Banks in Power System||00:08:00|
|1.12 Lesson 12: Other Important Components in Electrical Substation||00:07:00|
|1.13 Lesson 13: Classification of Substations||00:05:00|
|1.14 Lesson 14: Relation between Voltage and Substations||00:02:00|
|1.15 Lesson 15: Air Insulated Substation and Gas Insulated Substation||00:09:00|
|1.16 Lesson 16: Importance of Ring Main Unit in Power System||00:07:00|
|1.17 Lesson 17: Extra Images||00:01:00|
|Section 2: Design of Earthing System|
|2.1. Lesson 1: Effect of Current on Human Body||00:09:00|
|2.2 Lesson 2: Types of Electric Hazards||00:08:00|
|2.3 Lesson 3: Classification of Earthing Systems||00:24:00|
|2.4 Lesson 4: Components of Earthing System||00:09:00|
|2.5 Lesson 5: Design and Resistance of Earthing Electrode||00:12:00|
|2.6 Lesson 6: Design and Resistance of Earthing Conductor||00:13:00|
|2.7 Lesson 7: Measurement of Earth Resistance by Megger and Three Point Method||00:03:00|
|2.8 Lesson 8: Design Earthing or Ground Grid Using ETAP||00:21:00|
|Section 3: Introduction to Design of Substation|
|3.1 Lesson 1: What Is Ip or Ingress Protection||00:05:00|
|3.2 Lesson 2: Selection of Busbars in Electrical Substation||00:11:00|
|3.3 Lesson 3: Design of Substations||00:19:00|
|3.4 Lesson 4: Single Line Diagram of 66 to 11kv Substation||00:20:00|