Are you trying to stay fit and healthy? Fitness and looking your best has certainly become a topic of interest over the past few years. Since then, there have been many different diets that have come into popularity, some of them even being endorsed by A-list celebrities. But while some of these may work for some of us, others may not. You should know what diets you should be picking based on your body type as well as the different diets plan options that are available. Here are a few very important things that you should know about.
Diet plan for weight loss
While you should always take the advice of your nutritionist and you should also speak to your doctor, if you have any underlying medical issues, the below is a solid diet plan for weight loss designed by Cheryl Forberg that can help you out. The most important thing is that this is not a deprivation diet. You will eat good and clean food while cutting back on unhealthy components to improve metabolism and fitness.
- 1/2 cup egg whites scrambled with 1 teaspoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon chopped basil, 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan, and 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 slice whole-grain toast
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup fat-free Greek yogurt topped with 1/4 cup sliced strawberries
- Salad made with: 3/4 cup cooked bulgur, 4 ounces chopped grilled chicken breast, 1 tablespoon shredded low-fat cheddar, diced grilled veggies (2 tablespoons onion, 1/4 cup diced zucchini, 1/2 cup bell pepper), 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro, and 1 tablespoon low-fat vinaigrette (check out these other Buddha bowl recipes)
- 2 tablespoons hummus and 6 baby carrots
- 4 ounces grilled salmon
- 1 cup wild rice with 1 tablespoon slivered toasted almonds
- 1 cup wilted baby spinach with 1 teaspoon each olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup diced cantaloupe topped with
- 1/2 cup all-fruit raspberry sorbet and 1 teaspoon chopped walnuts
You can follow this routine and experiment with the various options for food that you have along similar lines. This will help you to not get bored and keep going with the diet plan as well.
Different body types that you should know about
Having an awareness of your body type is important when it comes to choosing a diet. There are basically three different categories that most people fall into.
- Ectomorph: Long and lean, difficult to build muscle even after long periods in the gym.
- Endomorph: Big, with higher body fat. A tendency to store body fat usually makes it more difficult to lose weight, particularly around the gut.
- Mesomorph: Muscular and well-built, with a higher metabolism. Usually easy to add muscle.
Tips for a high protein diet plan for weight loss
A high protein diet plan for weight loss can work well for both men and women. However, there are some tips that you should also follow, to get the best results. Here are some of them.
- Keep a food diary:Start a food diary using an app or website that provides protein values for thousands of foods and allows you to set your own calorie and macronutrient goals.
- Calculate protein needs:To calculate your protein needs, multiply your weight in pounds by 0.6–0.75 grams, or your weight in kilograms by 1.2–1.6 grams.
- Eat at least 25–30 grams of protein at meals:Research has shown that consuming a minimum of 25 grams of protein at meals may promote weight loss, muscle maintenance and better overall health.
- Include both animal and plant proteins in your diet:Eating a combination of both types helps make your diet more nutritious overall.
- Choose high-quality protein sources:Focus on fresh meats, eggs, dairy and other proteins, rather than processed meats like bacon and lunch meats.
- Consume well-balanced meals:Balance high-protein foods with vegetables, fruits and other plant foods at every meal.
Your body and health is something that should always have your priority and that is why, learning about it will never be a waste of your time, energy or resources. At Study365, we offer you a range of accredited programmes that can help you do just that. Some of the programmes that you can try out from home are;