Qualification Title: Certificate in Occupational Therapy Essentials
Qualification Type: Level 2 Certificate
Accreditation Status: Accredited by CPD and iAP
Course Duration: Self-paced (module availability: 365 days)
Guided Learning Hours: 03
- Do you want to make a difference in the lives of people with challenges and disabilities? Does the idea of having a career as an Occupational Therapist sound rewarding to you?
- Learning Outcomes
- Why consider learning at Study 365?
- Course Benefits
- Course Duration
- Entry Requirements
- Method of Assessment
- Awarding Body
- Progression and Career Path
The Occupational Therapy course is designed for individuals who are passionate about working with people struggling with different challenges and disabilities and help them to improve their lives. This is a step by step program to fully equipping yourself with the right skills and knowledge in becoming a professional helper.
The Occupational Therapy is a comprehensive course and will teach learners how to work with both children and adults with limited physical and intellectual abilities. Many clients with such disabilities may suffer from depression and anxiety and it is up to their helper to offer them alternatives and make life more meaningful and worthwhile.
The course will teach you to help people accept their current conditions, learn how to live with it and move forward to lead happier and healthier lives. The Occupational Therapy course will discuss principles and guidelines and give learners more insight into key skills and knowledge of working in this field effectively and confidently.
- Gain an understanding of the significance of occupation in people’s lives
- Learn the role occupational therapy plays in rehabilitation
- Learn the principles and guidelines of occupational therapy intervention
- Understand the history, value and philosophy of occupational therapy
- Gain insight to the therapeutic process
With so many commitments in our lives, we may not have the time to learn new skills. The beauty of studying online is that you get to find this balance between your education and your daily commitments
Study 365 offers hundreds of online courses to students across the world. Gaining new skills has never been this easy as many of our courses are open to students with little or no qualifications or previous experience. All the courses are up-to-date, relevant, affordable, and will build on existing expertise or give you a jump-start to a new career. The courses are meticulously designed and equals what is offered in a classroom setting. With a solid reputation that has established and made us made us one of the most trusted and reliable online course providers we offer the most convenient path to gain recognised skills and training that will give you the opportunity to put into practice your knowledge and expertise in your chosen career. You can learn at your own pace at Study 365 and you will be provided with all the necessary material, tutorials, qualified course instructor, narrated e-learning modules, interactive quizzes and free resources which include Free CV writing pack, free career support and course demo to make your learning experience enriching and more rewarding.
- Written and designed by the industry’s finest expert instructors with over 15 years experience
- Repeat and rewind all your lectures and enjoy a personalised learning experience
- Gain access to quality video tutorials
- Unlimited 12 months access from anywhere, anytime
- Support by email, phone and live chat
- Save time and money on travel
- Learn at your convenience and leisure
- Quizzes, tests mock exams, practice exams to ensure you are 100% ready
- Eligible for TOTUM discount card
You have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at anytime.
- You must be over the age of 16 and have a basic understanding of Maths, English and ICT
- The course is for learners who have an interest in occupational therapy
- Individuals with a basic background in occupational therapy will find this course highly effective to advance in their careers
- The course is also suitable for students who want to expand their knowledge in occupational therapy
At the end of the course you will be required to take a multiple choice question assessment test. The multiple choice question assessment will be automatically marked with learners receiving an instant grade.
Those who successfully complete the exam will be awarded a certificate in Occupational Therapy Essentials.
The Occupational Therapy certification will be awarded by CPD & iAP. This internationally recognised qualification will make your CV standout and encourage employers to see your motivation at expanding your skills and knowledge in a field you are passionate about.
Once you successfully complete the Occupational Therapy you will be qualified to work in the following positions. The qualification will also put you in line to demand a higher salary or job promotion. The average UK salary per annum according to https://www.payscale.com/career-path-planner is given below.
- Occupational Therapist
- Mental Health Therapist
|Occupational Therapy: Promo||00:00:00|
|1: Introduction to Occupational Therapy|
|About the Course and the Instructor||00:00:00|
|What is “Occupational Therapy”||00:00:00|
|Knowledge and Skills for OPccupational Therapy||00:00:00|
|Working with Adults||00:00:00|
|Working with Children||00:00:00|
|2: (Basic) Anatomy and Physiology|
|The Structure and the Functions||00:00:00|
|The Blood and Immune System||00:00:00|
|Developmental Disorders and Conditions||00:00:00|
|3: Creative and Management Skills|
|The Use of Creative Activities||00:00:00|
|Management and Leadership Skills||00:00:00|
|Building Confidence and Self-Esteem||00:00:00|
|Dealing with Depression||00:00:00|
|4: Career Growth in Occupational Therapy|
|Personal and Academic Development||00:00:00|
|Alternative Options in Career||00:00:00|
|5: Individual (Client) Development|
|A Theory of the Human Need for Occupation||00:00:00|
|Occupations for Health and Wellbeing||00:00:00|
|Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs||00:00:00|
|Thank you and Good bye!||00:00:00|
|Alternative Options in Career|
|Basic Physiology for Occupational Therapy|
|Building Confidence & Self-Esteem|
|Dealing with Depression|
|Skills that are Needed for Occupational Therapy|
|Stress & Coping Strategies|
|Mock Exam: Certificate in Occupational Therapy Essentials||00:40:00|
|Exam: Certificate in Occupational Therapy Essentials||00:40:00|
|Certificate Download Guide|
|Certificate Download Guide||00:00:00|